PDA

View Full Version : Contract problem

jackie 7
28-06-2013, 07:43 AM
I am not sure if I am on the right forum. I am changing my insurance from mm to pacey but not due till August. I hope to do 2 contracts one for mid August and another for October. I get parents to sign as early as possible so I know what is happening. If I get them done now I will have to do a new contract in August when my insurance changes. This is expensive or do I leave the insurance not filled in. Pacey say I can't change the contract. They are long enough without getting parents to sign 2.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-06-2013, 07:56 AM
I would do the contracts with the current details and then change them once you do a new contract. The information that you are putting on them now is correct.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-06-2013, 07:57 AM
BUT

on 2nd thoughts it might be worthwhile calling the legal line of Pacey to check and see if you are covered if their details are not on the contract? if that is the case I would wait with the contracts. It won't make any difference as the parents have a settling in time anyway and could pull out.

sarah707
28-06-2013, 08:03 AM
I know when you go from Pacey to MM there is a time delay when you are not covered for existing contractual problems - i suggest you check with Pacey and see if it's the same the other way round Jackie.

xx

Tealady
28-06-2013, 10:59 AM
MM cover contract disputes regardless of whose paperwork is used. PACEY when they were NCMA would only cover their own contracts.

If that hasn't changed I would buy some PACEY contracts now and fill them out for the new business. That way you don't have to do two lots of paperwork.

jackie 7
28-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Just talked to sensible person at pacey. Will do short term contracts so I can settle child for August start then if I get the other client will do a short term one do I can take deposit for October. After all I have heard I will be using pacey because they give more help.