28-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Hello

Do you exclude for a child having this?

One of my Mindee has just caught it :(

Thanks

Sweetpea

supermumy
28-06-2013, 06:46 AM
I say yes as when y kids had it it was very sore high temp and very miserable for them plus highly contagious school wouldn't take them back till 7 days was up

muffins
28-06-2013, 07:17 AM
HPA - Guidance on Infection Control in Schools and other Child Care Settings (http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203496946639)

munch149
28-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Don't have to exclude its a bit of an unclear area. It was my daughter that had it so I just have parents choice whether to come or not

The Juggler
28-06-2013, 01:03 PM
just had this dilemma myself. Parents questioned exclusion but I explained i DO exclude because little ones can get so ill with it.

They were happier with my decision on seeing how ill their LO was when she was collected. I know other children coudl have caught it from infected child by point of exclusion but I will not knowingly put them with other children once I'm aware they have it and make them also that ill. I exclude until mouth and hand blisters have healed.

My child had had bottom rash first, then mouth, then hands and feet - all hurting and the GP said because bottom rash had healed up already he didn't think it was HFM - what else could it be :panic:

oh by the way, don't listen to the websites most adults I know who have caught it also get VERY ill - another good reason to exclude so you don't catch it yourself - including several forum members.

munch149
28-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Adults get it worse but they are less at risk

Sweetpea
28-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks, lots of good advice, most useful x