PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clear this up for me?

kellyskidz!
27-06-2013, 05:55 PM
After schoolies. What is the DEAL?:huh:
Mum has asked me to pick up her 3 kids every day after school starting in Sept. Twins will be 4 and in reception, older one will be 6 and in y1. It's for an hour each day after school. Does this mean that I can only have under 5s in my care? Do they take up the 3 over 5 spaces I'm allowed ( even though its just an hour after sch) so I can only have 2 others at all times? My own daughter is going to be 5 and in y1 in sept and I don't really get how she fits in numbers either?
So confused and OFSTED were really unhelpful, passed me around for a while then said something about wrap around care but didn't elaborate.
Any one who can clearly explain numbers and ratios to me would be my hero right now!
Thanks xxx

FussyElmo
27-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Right so you will have
2 x 4yo in full time education
1 x 6yo in year 1
1 x 5yo (you own child)

So you are left with 2 spaces these can be the under 5s or you can fill them with 2 more school children.

HTH

kellyskidz!
27-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Thank youuuuu.
So really, it's kind of not worth doing, because I could have other children filling those spaces on a more full time basis, i.e 4 year olds who go to morning only nursery? Because then I'd be paid for an afternoon instead of an hour after school?
Or would that take me over number if I already had 2 under 5s? Can we only care for 2 under 5s at any time?x

FussyElmo
27-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Is your dd 4 and in full time education if yes then you have 3 under 5 place free but if you take the schoolies on this leaves you with 2

Pros and cons to all wrap around care.

Remember though if you take on 4yos and they are not in full time education so morning only they will still class as your under 5's. The rising 5 clause only happens if the child is in full time education :thumbsup:

Stapleton83
27-06-2013, 07:16 PM
It depends on when your other children are coming if they are in your care when the other children are at school then you would be able to still have 3 under 5, otherwise you would only be able to have 2 under 5 as that would take you to your full quota of 6 children.

Hope that helps.

Sam x

kellyskidz!
27-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Got it got it, ha! Finally. I've written it down too. Thanks guys xxx

winstonian
27-06-2013, 08:22 PM
You can use your spaces for different children too. Eg School child 7-9am, under 5 9.30-3pm, School child 3.30-5pm - only uses 1 space. I have a lot of days like this