PDA

View Full Version : Variation Question

skatie
27-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Sorry... Just want to be sure. I have a LO who comes one day a week since Sept last year. Mums father is dying of cancer and she needs to juggle work with looking after him. She has asked if I can have LO an extra day a week for the next two months until lo attends nursery. i would be over my numbers by 1 on this extra day for the first two weeks of July only. Would that we allowed as continuity of care?

FussyElmo
27-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes I would have thought so as long as it doesn't take you over your 6 under 8@s

Just remember to risk assess it :thumbsup:

Leela
27-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Sorry... Just want to be sure. I have a LO who comes one day a week since Sept last year. Mums father is dying of cancer and she needs to juggle work with looking after him. She has asked if I can have LO an extra day a week for the next two months until lo attends nursery. i would be over my numbers by 1 on this extra day for the first two weeks of July only. Would that we allowed as continuity of care?

Yes, this is definitely continuity of care and meeting needs of family you are looking after. Do risk assessment to ensure safety etc.

sarah707
27-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Good advice given.

You might find the risk assessment in this document helpful :D

Changes to Conditions of Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/changestoconditionsofregistration.html)