PDA

View Full Version : Cars.....

Vix7
26-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Sorry to post another question so soon after my last. Im very grateful for the replies i received on my last question :-)

At the moment im doing my business plan. I have decided I will only be able to take on two children at any one time as i have a 2 year oldand a 4 year old. However im not even sure if i'll manage to have 2 children as I only have a 5 seater car - a vw passat. Im not sure if i'll manage to squeeze 3 carseats in the back and perhaps put my daught in her high back booster in the front. I live in a very rural area so need to use a car. Theres no bus route near me.
Do any other childminders have 5 seater cars and how do you manage? I cant afford to upgrade to a 7 seater. X

rickysmiths
26-06-2013, 10:21 PM
I have a Skoda Octavia and I can get 3 seats in the back and one in the front, I can isolate the air bag with my car key. You need to choose the seats you have but I use two britax group 2/3 seats and a Narnia High Backed booster that has a five point harness in the back and a Britax Evolva 123 in the front.

CLL
27-06-2013, 06:12 AM
I have a 7 seater grand scenic and the seats are small as they are individual. I find it a nightmare to be honest. Can only fit 2 in 3 seater row which means my son is in the back in the boot. I did not really look properly at the car seats when I bought them and they are all really wide. I would prefer to buy a smaller car but one that can fit 3 in the back. I am looking but I would say shop around for narrow car seats (if such things exist).

karen m
27-06-2013, 07:26 AM
I have a Picasso and can fit 3 seats in the back

Chatterbox Childcare
27-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Have you got a local Mothercare or Halfords? Take your car to either and tell them what you need and they will try seats in and out, at least you will know then

AliceK
27-06-2013, 08:18 AM
When I first started minding I had a 3 door VW Golf. I managed to squeeze 3 seats in the back. You can get narrow car seats, I have a Britax Prince which is narrow.

xxxx