PDA

View Full Version : confused about a play plan and learning journals

Npg1
26-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi. I have downloaded the play plan by sarah. Im confused how to use this? Put in seperate folders per child? Send home every week?

I currently do a weekly plan for both my children in my care. I then have LJ for them which I put in photos and short obs like 'I played with rice crispies today' w smiled and crunched them, I then link to dev matters and do next steps. This is how my books look.

I am now doing a termly summery to send home and put a copy in the LJ? My question is, everything I do for the play plan I will have to repaet myself for in the LJ?

sarah707
26-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Nooooooooo! Don't duplicate! :panic:

If you do everything that's in it in your own way and it works for you then don't change things!!

if you find it useful or it gives you ideas for making changes then great :D

bunyip
27-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Glad you said that Sarah, as I got in a similar pickle.

Mind you, will Ofsted agree? The principle of "continuous improvement" implies that the worst thing we can ever do is achieve perfection. :rolleyes:

miffy
27-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Mind you, will Ofsted agree? The principle of "continuous improvement" implies that the worst thing we can ever do is achieve perfection. :rolleyes:

But then there is absolutely no chance of that as they keep changing the goalposts! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

VeggieSausage
27-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I do a monthly individual play plan for each child and put it in their learning journey. DO told me that I should get parents to sign each play plan sheet to prove they are involved?....what does everyone think?

sarah707
27-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I do a monthly individual play plan for each child and put it in their learning journey. DO told me that I should get parents to sign each play plan sheet to prove they are involved?....what does everyone think?

I regularly add observations from parents and highlight them - that shows involvement :D