PDA

View Full Version : parent visit - wouldn't even leave my dog with her!

Memina
26-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Had a parent visit today who obviously is anxious about going back to work. She phoned me and even though I haven't got a space until late in the year she insisted on visiting me as she had heard good things.

Well whilst here I kept it pretty informal and didn't promise anything. I asked if she'd seen other settings and to my horror said yes and went on to slate the other place saying she wouldn't even leave her dog with the other minder!

The suspense is killing me and although I was so tempted to ask I was very professional and didn't lol

AliceK
26-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh I would have done :laughing:

xxx

Mouse
26-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I'd have had to ask...in a round about way!

ziggy
26-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh i would have asked lol:laughing:

Petshrinklj
26-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Lol I'm desperate to know and i don't live anywhere near you Hee Hee. You have very good self control not to ask. Or are you sneakily texting her now and asking Hee Hee.

maryp0ppins
26-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I also be tempted, but also VERY weary as to what she may or may not say about about my setting :-/

sprinkles
26-06-2013, 02:40 PM
I had one a bit like this when the parents of the little one I have starting in August came to visit. They were given my name along with two others by another minder in the town. They were telling me that they had put the name of one of them into google and found her bebo page and it had things on it you wouldn't want a childminder to have on it. And also that they'd heard she takes the kids to people's houses so she can do their hair as she used to be a hairdresser :o the other one they said they had seen her in the local garden centre with children and instead of buying them a small cake or something she takes the freebies off the counter for them!! Hehe! I think it's cos dad is a policeman!!

wendywu
26-06-2013, 04:49 PM
What freebies, i may just have to go to your garden centre with free food :rolleyes:

bindy
26-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Just want everyone to know it's not me lol!!! I live in Hertfordshire but been full for months and seen no one!! LOL