PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP 5 HELP !

Sarahj2012
26-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering If you could help me Ive decided to become a childminder and start my CYPOP 5 course in September.
Ive just looked at the course and what it involves and It all looks very complicated and confusing.
I have not been in a college for 25 years so this is all new for me.
Can anyone give me some advice on what I can read/study between now and September so I can be ready and have some knowledge of the course to help me.
Abig thank you to you all in advance.
Sarah

Petshrinklj
26-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Hun
Best of luck with your course. I'm sure you will be fine. The main book to read is home based childcare by Sheila riddall leech. Mine was included in course fees so check with course first before buying it as they might give you it. You could see if library has a copy though whilst you wait. Also read eyfs and devlopment matters.

Me and few others are doing the course at moment. If you ever stuck I'd be happy to help i'm about half way through. You will probably make friends on course who will support you too. My course is online. But I'm sure yours will be similar but it doesn't seem like failure is an option lol. If any assignments aren't good enough, need more info your assessor tells you what you need to add and you resubmit. I'm sure you will do great.

sing-low
26-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Also, it is far more complicated on paper than it is is reality. Once you get started, it will make far more sense. Good luck!

Sarahj2012
26-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much for all your help.
I feel a lot beter now. x

Sarahj2012
26-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Hun
Best of luck with your course. I'm sure you will be fine. The main book to read is home based childcare by Sheila riddall leech. Mine was included in course fees so check with course first before buying it as they might give you it. You could see if library has a copy though whilst you wait. Also read eyfs and devlopment matters.

Me and few others are doing the course at moment. If you ever stuck I'd be happy to help i'm about half way through. You will probably make friends on course who will support you too. My course is online. But I'm sure yours will be similar but it doesn't seem like failure is an option lol. If any assignments aren't good enough, need more info your assessor tells you what you need to add and you resubmit. I'm sure you will do great. Can I ask you who you are doing your online couse with. I have filled in my bursary and just waiting for my training number before I can book any courses. The lady that done the information day said the burary covers online and college courses but I wouldnt know where to start looking for the online ones. x

Petshrinklj
26-06-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm doing PACEY course

Sarahj2012
26-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm doing PACEY course Thank you I will ring wscc tomorrow and see if their bursary covers PACEY, Im sure it does. When you do the course online can you go at your own speed or do you have deadlines to get assesments in.?

Petshrinklj
26-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Yep you do it at your own speed. That's what I like about it. I have days when my daughter has a nap so I get a lot done over days nothing gets done lol.

Sarahj2012
26-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Yep you do it at your own speed. That's what I like about it. I have days when my daughter has a nap so I get a lot done over days nothing gets done lol.
That would be so much better for me.
Do you mind me asking if your bursary covered the cost of the couse.?
I'm just trying to budget for this new career of mine.
Also do you get a lot of support.with the course being online ?
Thank you so much for all your help.

Petshrinklj
26-06-2013, 09:23 PM
My local authority doesn't give a bursary. I'm having to self fund it cost about 180 i think. the only support I know about is I can message my assessor. I get most of my support from this forum. Good luck whatever course you decide on.

Sarahj2012
27-06-2013, 07:05 AM
My local authority doesn't give a bursary. I'm having to self fund it cost about 180 i think. the only support I know about is I can message my assessor. I get most of my support from this forum. Good luck whatever course you decide on. Thank you so much for all your help, good luck for the rest of your course. x