PDA

View Full Version : Call me thick BUT what do i need in place to offer free funding?

maryp0ppins
26-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I have completed my level 3, I am graded 'Good' in my ofsted inspection .......

What next? Where do I go from here? :-)

vikiwizz
26-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I think it differs from area to area but my area you have to have both those things and be minding for at least 1 year.

bunyip
26-06-2013, 10:38 AM
No - you're not thick , unless I am too (but in my case it has been said before. :rolleyes: )

If you're referring to the 2 year-old entitlement, then IME what you need is a brick wall to bang your head against while trying to find anyone in authority who can tell you the specifics. I have DOs', pacey, Early Years Foundation, Uncle Tom Cobbly, et al bombarding me with generic emails and queueing up to tell me "it's happening" but nobody telling me what on earth I can do to get in on it. :angry:

kellyskidz!
26-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Ditto, in my area they have scrapped the need for a 'good' grading and no one seems to know why. I'd phone your local Early Years team or ask other cms who offer funded places to see if they could shed any light xx

Mouse
26-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Phone your local early years team and ask them...

..or in my experience, phone a local childminder friend who already offers the funding under your LA and ask them. You get a much quicker and more accurate answer :rolleyes:

maryp0ppins
26-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks folks, been minding just over 7 years but any info round my parts is like asking for gold plated sand grains (iykwim)

I know 1 minder who does it & have asked but she is a little sheepish & very reluctant to give any info!!

Gonna make a few calls & see how I get on!!

Thanks again (& yep I am a little thick bunyip)

christine e
26-06-2013, 12:49 PM
No - you're not thick , unless I am too (but in my case it has been said before. :rolleyes: )

If you're referring to the 2 year-old entitlement, then IME what you need is a brick wall to bang your head against while trying to find anyone in authority who can tell you the specifics. I have DOs', pacey, Early Years Foundation, Uncle Tom Cobbly, et al bombarding me with generic emails and queueing up to tell me "it's happening" but nobody telling me what on earth I can do to get in on it. :angry:

Have sent you a pm