PDA

View Full Version : We are having a music based week at VeggieSausage towers next week.....ideas please..

VeggieSausage
25-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I am having a music themed and focused week next week....ideas so far
1. Dancing and moving to different styles of music
2. Closing eyes while different types of music on and scribbling on paper
3. Singing our favourite songs
4. Playing instruments

My brain has gone blank.....ideas please everyone...thanks x

sarah707
25-06-2013, 09:41 PM
We have a bag of song prompts. Collect them from your toy boxes and the children take them out one at a time, think which song they refer to and sing it :-)

yummyripples
25-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Making instruments out of junk. Using every day items to make music (pans and spoons).

Telabelle
25-06-2013, 10:11 PM
I love music with children!

Use instruments to make a soundtrack to a favourite story

Play instrument matching game (Play an instrument from behind the upturned music box. Children have to match the sound to either a photo of that instrument, or, if lucky enough to have 2 of each - pick up the same instrument from in front of the box.)

Make up your own songs: My schoolies put their names instead of the usual words to 'Ging gang goolie'
eg "Toby, Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter. Toby Claire,Toby Claire (rpt) Laila, Laila, Laila, Laila, Laila, Laila, Simon (rpt) Samantha, Samantha, Samantha, Samantha, Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby.............."

(Hmm....I've just realised that will appear to be total gibberish to some people - sorry!)

Sing popular songs with instuments, but give each chils chance to be 'conductor' using a table-tennis racket (or similar) green on one side for go, red on the other for stop.They can hold it high, or waggle it to speed up the music/make it louder, or down low to slow it down/make it quieter....

Play musical statues/ chairs/bumps/funny faces

Ask them to bring in (or just tell you, then you look it up on u tube) music they listen to at home

Listen to (again u tube is good for this!) traditional nursery rhymes from other cultures/countries or music from around the world

Ask around to find a musician who can bring in their violin/guitar/keyboard/harp/flute/trumpet for the children to experience live music close up.

Set up 'invitations to play' with 5 currant buns in a shop, or 5 ducks on a silver foil pond, or men in flying saucer etc...

I hope some of that made sense.......... bed now!

VeggieSausage
26-06-2013, 08:03 AM
I love music with children!

Use instruments to make a soundtrack to a favourite story

Play instrument matching game (Play an instrument from behind the upturned music box. Children have to match the sound to either a photo of that instrument, or, if lucky enough to have 2 of each - pick up the same instrument from in front of the box.)

Make up your own songs: My schoolies put their names instead of the usual words to 'Ging gang goolie'
eg "Toby, Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter. Toby Claire,Toby Claire (rpt) Laila, Laila, Laila, Laila, Laila, Laila, Simon (rpt) Samantha, Samantha, Samantha, Samantha, Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby.............."

(Hmm....I've just realised that will appear to be total gibberish to some people - sorry!)

Sing popular songs with instuments, but give each chils chance to be 'conductor' using a table-tennis racket (or similar) green on one side for go, red on the other for stop.They can hold it high, or waggle it to speed up the music/make it louder, or down low to slow it down/make it quieter....

Play musical statues/ chairs/bumps/funny faces

Ask them to bring in (or just tell you, then you look it up on u tube) music they listen to at home

Listen to (again u tube is good for this!) traditional nursery rhymes from other cultures/countries or music from around the world

Ask around to find a musician who can bring in their violin/guitar/keyboard/harp/flute/trumpet for the children to experience live music close up.

Set up 'invitations to play' with 5 currant buns in a shop, or 5 ducks on a silver foil pond, or men in flying saucer etc...

I hope some of that made sense.......... bed now!

Great ideas - thank you so much...