PDA

View Full Version : cross

3 little ducks
25-06-2013, 04:19 PM
i was told off by a mindee today, who is 2 1/2, i nipped to the loo, came back to find he had taken biscuit tin out of cupboard and was helping himself. I was less than impressed by this and told him it wasnt a nice thing to do and he must ask if he wants one. hes response "naughty (then my name) you go naughty step now" i was gobsmacked. I dont use naughty step so its come from home. i told parent on collection to be informed that he regulary sends parents and siblings to step and they go:eek:

Surely thats not right!!!

QualityCare
25-06-2013, 04:28 PM
That is definitely not right role reversal is not a good idea he will never have any boundaries or sense of right and wrong. Parents need to stop obeying him and let him know who is in control.

Dragonfly
25-06-2013, 04:39 PM
May be not right but at 2 1/2 yrs. he is only copying.Sorry I wouldn't make a thing about it. although i would put the biscuit tin out of reach!

donna porter
25-06-2013, 05:16 PM
He's just learning to push boundaries. They all go through a phase of trying to be boss. So long as you let him know who the boss really is . They're funny little things aren't they lol

dawn100
25-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm not surprised that he might tell an adult to go sit on the naughty step if he thinks you're not being nice (not letting him have what he wants) as children learn by copying adults (good and bad behaviour) but what does shock me if I've read your post correctly is that the parents go to the naughty step if he tells them to!

3 little ducks
25-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not surprised that he might tell an adult to go sit on the naughty step if he thinks you're not being nice (not letting him have what he wants) as children learn by copying adults (good and bad behaviour) but what does shock me if I've read your post correctly is that the parents go to the naughty step if he tells them to!

Yes Dawn they do go when he tells them and as others say it is learnt behaviour and is not right and certainly will not be happening in my setting. i was really cross when it happened now have had time to think and feel sorry for little mite as he is copying ad also having alittle chuckle over the cheek of it.:)

hectors house
25-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Maybe his favourite book is "We're wearing out the Naughty Step" by Mick Inkpen - we had it last week from the library! We also borrowed "Let's take over the Nursery" but I haven't read it yet in case they get any ideas.

3 little ducks
25-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Maybe his favourite book is "We're wearing out the Naughty Step" by Mick Inkpen - we had it last week from the library! We also borrowed "Let's take over the Nursery" but I haven't read it yet in case they get any ideas.

Oh havent seen them in our library will have to get them for a look, sounds like he would like them!