PDA

View Full Version : Child is off with chickenpox, his father had cheeky demands! Agree or disagree ?

tetti
25-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I am currently only looking after one child -am trying to fill another vacancy at present.

So this boy comes down with the chickenpox. The mother askes me what policy I have. I said that he can come back once the blisters has scabbed over- in regulation with the H.P.A advice.I also reminded her that they still have to pay the usual fee,as I do not offer discount for any days taken off due to a child being ill.

So just now her husband just rang,and this is what he said : " As we do not get any financial respite or help from you when he is ill, could you come around here and look after him ?
Me : No,I am afraid that is not possible. As I said previously, I am meeting with parents interested in the vacancy over the course of this week,and as you also know, I am having a girl over a few afternoons this week(my daughter's classmate) whose mother is going through chemotherapy,she has not had the chickenpox and should not be exposed to the virus.
Him : So you cannot come over for just a few hours ? My wife is away and I have to look after him.
Me : I am afraid that I can't,I have to stick to the guidelines.Also,I have stipulated from the very beginning that I will only care for children in my home,and I cannot care for your child as he has the chicken pox.You are welcome to bring him once the blisters has scabbed over.

Sigh....I find it cheeky of him to even ask,but do you think he is being reasonable?
I think not, because would he have called his older son's nursery and asked for one of the staff there to come over and look after his older son when He had the chickenpox the other week ? I think not.

Mouse
25-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Now that is cheeky!

I wouldn't even have given a reason. I'd have just told him a firm NO! I always find that once you start explaining yourself, or trying to justify yourself, you start to question whether or not you're doing the right thing.

It sounds as if dad is just being lazy & can't be bothered to look after his own child!

WibbleWobble
25-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho har har har har

Wipes tears from eyes

Snort

Wibble x

tetti
25-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Yup,thought I was right!lol
I know,I should not even have explained myself.But I did so in a very firm voice as he is a pain in the backside,and needs to be spoken to like a toddler at times.I also told him to read the terms of the contract again,should he be in any doubt.
His wife would never have pulled that stunt ever.

ziggy
25-06-2013, 01:50 PM
So funny, you gotta give him 10/10 for trying:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mouse
25-06-2013, 01:50 PM
He'll probably be in trouble if she finds out he's asked you!

tetti
25-06-2013, 01:51 PM
I do find that some parents seem to think that childminders can just bend the rules whenever,and that unlike the nurserys rules,they do not have be respected...very cheeky indeed.

Rick
25-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Am I missing something. How would looking after LO in their home help matters? What's the difference? Child is still not well.

yummyripples
25-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Insurance springs to mind. I suppose you can't blame him for trying!

3 little ducks
25-06-2013, 04:10 PM
thats really cheeky, gosh, i would never even thought to ask someone that!! Theres some funny poeple out there, As someone else said i bet the mum doesnt know he called and asked. xx

jackie 7
25-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Well you could have asked him if he is registered with ofsted, environmental health and has public liability insurance. Also insurance that will cover minded children. Oh yes he also has to provide suitable toys and good.

Koala
25-06-2013, 04:49 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: well i've heard it all now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: what a cracker.

i'me speechless except for :censored: :censored:

Koala
25-06-2013, 04:54 PM
No i've changed my mind, you should take him up on that and tell him you'll be around with all your mates with another ten kids to use his electricity, eat his food, pee on his carpet, tell him to get the beers in :jump for joy: and you'll be round later. :D what a nut job :jump for joy:

donna porter
25-06-2013, 05:04 PM
OMG!!! A perfect example of us childminders not being taken seriously!! Cheeky git!

wendywu
25-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Were you supposed to wash his undies and sleep with him as well, seeing that his wife was away :laughing::clapping:

FussyElmo
25-06-2013, 05:07 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

At least he was polite and I suppose he was thinking what is the worse that you could say no - in his head you could have said yes :thumbsup:

Koala
25-06-2013, 05:14 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

At least he was polite and I suppose he was thinking what is the worse that you could say no - in his head you could have said yes :thumbsup:

In his head! I think he's off his head! :D

boxtree7
25-06-2013, 06:17 PM
That is unreal. The cheek of him. A big fat NO.

Ripeberry
25-06-2013, 06:32 PM
And what was he going to do whilst you were looking after the child? He's just unreal!

Koala
25-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Not sure if I was clear - Yes I agree, these are cheeky demands. :jump for joy: I still can't believe it :jump for joy: I have had some bizarre ones over my threshold but this one is a winner. :laughing: :laughing: really, he gets first prize. :laughing: :laughing:

tetti
26-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I am still pretty speechless !:laughing:
Yes, I know he is self employed, yes,I know that if he doesn't work,he doesn't get paid...but, that is not my responsibility or my concern.Your kid is ill , you are his father...look after him,end of !:rolleyes:
I still cannot believe the barefaced cheek of it, I have really heard it all now !:laughing::laughing:

unalindura77
26-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho har har har har

Wipes tears from eyes

Snort

Wibble x

:laughing:

The Juggler
26-06-2013, 01:29 PM
that is sooo cheeky. :laughing::laughing: