PDA

View Full Version : ofsted inspection advice

adele1985
25-06-2013, 12:59 PM
just looking for some last minuet advice really Ofsted will be here either tomorrow or Thursday

ive updated learning journeys

finally completed my SEF :D

organised all my other paperwork (action plans, scrap book, risk assessments, childrens details, register)

I have my first aid certificate, registration certificate and liability insurance displayed on the playroom wall

planned what we are doing for lunch so I don't have to worry about that

talked to lo and planned what we will do (baking activity and garden play if the weather is okay)

all my planning is up to date

policies are up to date

is there anything im missing???? or any advice getting just a little nervous now

also how does mrs o react to dogs?? the last time I was inspected he was locked in another room but niw he was the run of the house apart from the playroom

karen m
25-06-2013, 01:05 PM
When you say weather depending , I had Ofsted in May and it was raining so told the boys I had we were not going into garden as it was raining..... Ofsted reply so does that mean you never go outside during the winter , no but children normally have appropriate clothing and as earlier in week the sun had been shining boys were in T.Shirt and shorts and sandals

The Juggler
25-06-2013, 01:19 PM
sounds like everything under control. I'd plan to have all the paperwork ready for her to read (laid out on a table somewhere) so she can't leave wihtout seeing it and say it wasn't there.

also baking is brave (for me anyway). I'd go with something much simpler for an inspection day - only because I know how much time it takes to clean up the kids and then the table before we can move on and do something else. But then I'm all for an easy life.