PDA

View Full Version : Ideas?

Kirsty90
25-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Hello, haven't been on for a while! Been to busy with baby Heidi! I'm starting to think about when I go back to work now though & want to start getting things sorted. We've had the garage converted into a playroom whilst I've been on maternity leave & now it just needs decorating. I want to get something painted on one of the walls or have a themed type room any ideas please? Also not sure what storage units to get what does everyone else have? Because the room is a decent size but don't want all the space taken up by units! I then want to have different areas set up all of the time (book corner etc) what does everyone else do?

One more thing - I've decided I want to rethink the way I do all of my paperwork especially learning journals I want to make them nice to look at for parents but also easy to keep up to date. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Kirsty x

loocyloo
25-06-2013, 01:02 PM
hello! have fun setting up your new playroom! I loved doing mine.

I have got IKEA PAX wardrobes as storage in the playroom! I went for the deep ones, and we bought some extra shelves to go inside. everything is tidied away! I also have a thin, deep wardrobe that has shelves but no door to display bits on. ( I also didn't put the door handles on! I can open the doors from the top, older children can open from the bottom, but LO can't manage it! saves my puzzles & games from being ALL over the floor! )

I also have a 2X3 storage unit from argos Buy 3 x 2 White Ash Pine Storage Boxes at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Storage baskets and boxes. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7190243.htm) ( I don't have the wheels on ). this has big boxes with all the animals/cars/teaset/duplo/trains etc in and I use the top for displays/activities.

I have a sling book case Sling Bookcase with Rainbow Star Canvas - Bookcases & Bookshelves - Storage - gltc.co.uk (http://www.gltc.co.uk/sling-bookcase-with-rainbow-star-canvas//gltc/fcp-product/10002212)

my walls are just a soft yellow, but I have 2 big boards on the wall - one has the childrens art work, the other planning bits/postcards/photos and for some reason, a knex drag racer !!!!

I do my LJ in scrapbooks, and 99% of obs are photos, with a scribbled note next to them.

Helen79
25-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Ikea trofast is good for toy storage and is a reasonabe price too.
For a themed room you could get some room stickers (http://www.decowall.co.uk/). Much quicker and easier than painting and you can move them around or change them for a different theme.

Daisy De
25-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Love those room stickers Helen79, I think I might need some!

The Juggler
25-06-2013, 10:07 PM
i'd go for ikea storage - either trofast or expedit - for independent access by the children.

for the walls, I'd go plain colours that way you can put displays and artwork up - if the design is busy then wouldn't work so well. If you did go for a mural type theme though, maybe circus, or jungle/wildlife?