PDA

View Full Version : TTO

sprinkles
24-06-2013, 09:10 PM
I've got a mum coming on Wednesday night to discuss childcare for her daughter, 3 days a week starting in August. Mum is going to college so I'm assuming contract will be TTO - do you charge retainer for holidays?

The Juggler
24-06-2013, 09:20 PM
if the child is an under 5 and if you normally work all year round then yes I would.

if child is school age no.

or if you prefer a quieter time in the hols - don't charge :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
24-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I've charged a bit more across the terms, and no charge in the holiday, means I can take leave myself, or take on some holiday only children :)

Roseolivia
25-06-2013, 07:09 AM
I'm the same as Juggler, only charge retainer for under 5 spaces.

Miss freckles
25-06-2013, 08:45 AM
I have a tto child whose mum is at college and they fund her childcare in term only so I put my hourly fee up by a pound, this works out the same you just have to remember to put some behind to cover for the holidays.

sprinkles
26-06-2013, 02:51 PM
I have a tto child whose mum is at college and they fund her childcare in term only so I put my hourly fee up by a pound, this works out the same you just have to remember to put some behind to cover for the holidays.

Oh this is handy thanks! It's also a mum at college so I may put fee up by £1 per hour and not charge holidays! She's coming tonight, fingers crossed :D

MessybutHappy
26-06-2013, 04:09 PM

I only did 50p per hour, but my mum isn't funded, I think if I took on a funded child I'd ask a bit more!

sprinkles
26-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks everyone! She came, and she signed :D TTO but she wanted to pay normal fees and retainer during holidays so she could still use me if needed which is fine by me - more money lol!

Oh and hubby much more relaxed now cos he was starting to worry about our money situation when I start :)

The Juggler
26-06-2013, 07:16 PM
great news!

MessybutHappy
26-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Woop woop! Well done!

smurfette
26-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Well done!!

bunyip
27-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Thanks everyone! She came, and she signed :D TTO but she wanted to pay normal fees and retainer during holidays so she could still use me if needed which is fine by me - more money lol!

Oh and hubby much more relaxed now cos he was starting to worry about our money situation when I start :)

Well done - glad you got the contract. :clapping:

(Remember to double-check the client's college terms, as they may well differ from local school terms. There is another thread running where a parent and CM are in dispute cos they weren't clear about this.)

So pleased for you:)