PDA

View Full Version : UKCMA...that elusive meeting with govt??

Simona
24-06-2013, 08:08 PM
We have been trying to get UKCMA to reveal who they are meeting, when and what is the aim....does anyone know?

Not sure what was the point of asking for info when they are now ignoring us, don't they want us to keep our fingers crossed for them or even watch them if it is live somewhere on tv...or anywhere else??

Mouse
24-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I saw something on Facebook that said the meeting is on Wednesday & they have had around 100 responses.

Simona
25-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Thank you Mouse
Wednesday is also the day the C&F Bill gets its last debate and pacey and Netmums are to give evidence

100 responses is poor but better than nothing but that should add to pacey's IPPR research (anyone knows when that will be published?)...
wonder what UKCMA evidence against agencies is going to be about and how many cms they represent in their Association?

UKCMA have been asked on twitter on several occasions to let us know the time and where they are giving evidence...is there any reason why they are reluctant to let us know?

Mouse
25-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm still unsure why UKCMA are the chosen body. Were they approached to attend a meeting, or have they pushed to get the meeting? If it's the former, what an odd choice. If it's the latter, good on them for getting themselves in there where others seem to have failed.

I'd be interested to know how many members they have now. I've yet to speak to anyone who has joined & in fact, most people I speak to have never heard of them.

Simona
25-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Got a reply:

''UKCMA has a private meeting with spokesperson for Education in the House of Lords in the morning to give views provided by cms''

and yes we all would like to know their m'ship...how many do they represent ?

Mouse
25-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Oh, I thought they said it was a meeting with a number of ministers?

Simona
25-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I really don't understand what the secrecy is all about...cms pay them to be represented but to get any info from anyone is so difficult, they all seem signed up to the secrecy act

They asked for views, they got them so what is it they are saying on our behalf about agencies?....that we don't want or need them...I think even Truss is getting that message loud and clear!

Smiley
25-06-2013, 12:13 PM
I think we have to hope its an opportunity as the agency debate is now progressing to the house of lords and UKCMA are meeting with the spokesperson for education.
Trying to keep positive but! :(

Simona
26-06-2013, 08:16 AM
I did not participate in inputting on agencies....I was not really sure what they were asking for but if they have the opportunity to speak on our behalf than we must welcome it...not sure what their stance is on agencies?

I am concerned that a lot of UKCMA stuff happens on Facebook...I remain of the opinion FB is not the place to share info
It can be duplicated there but not be the main source

They rarely tweet like other associations do and no one knows how many cms they represent, who they are meeting as the meeting is described as 'private' with the Education spokesperson in the House of Lords but has been advertised and we know it happens today

The only thing I am sure about is that UKCMA represent cms ONLY and want to support those remaining independent...how would they do that remains unclear

All debates have been carried out openly and on TV for anyone to follow plus we have had transcripts...we need openness from all sides, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Simona
26-06-2013, 05:34 PM
UKCMA have tweeted they had a very positive meeting with Lord Storey...I have asked if they could feedback on their website for all to see