PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge?

kellyskidz!
24-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi all, I have a girl starting in Sept just an after schoolie (3.30-5.30pm)
Mum wants TTO contract but is very much out for as cheap childcare as she can possibly get, told me she'd chosen me because I was 20p per hour cheaper than another minder:huh:
Was wondering if I should charge for the school hols and if so, should it be half price or full? I know it's up to me what I charge really but just wanting general advice because if I do charge half price for hols I'm positive she'll argue with it and wondering if its worth it xx

Goatgirl
24-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Just ask yourself what it is worth to you to get the contract :). I would be inclined to have a higher fee for term time only contracts if you work/want to work year round ;). But it depends how desperate you are.........

dawn100
24-06-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't charge a retainer for holidays for school aged children as it means I would have to be available for them if they wanted those hours in holiday time, but 1/2 sept fees have to be paid in aug as a non refundable deposit to secure their place in sept.
I don't charge hourly rates but charge a set session fee. But one thing I do make clear is that they do not have a space reserved for them in school holidays and if they did want any care in school holidays they would have to book in advance and would be down to if I had any space and that I might well be already full. I am considering introducing a higher rate for ad hoc / emergency care. You will have to be careful what you agree with tto eg insets etc who will provide care for the girl?

The Juggler
24-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't charge a retainer in the hols for after school children. You cannot really provide just the 2 1/2 hours per day that you do in term time as it would/could spoil your holiday activities and outings so it seems a bit unfair to charge for it.

Tazmin68
24-06-2013, 04:48 PM
I have seperate term time only contracts I do not charge an hourly fee. I charge a set before and after school fee. I have other children who attend school holidays only so it evens itself out
. I prefer it like this as I have 4 children term time only 1 is before and after school, 1 is after school only, 1 is a 3 year old 15 hours funded and the other is a 2 year old whose parent is a part time teaching assistant.
During holidays I have a 7 year old who attends full time and a 10 year old who attends as and when needed. And with my own 5 and 10 year old I can have quality days out with 4 boys two of them bing my own and no need to worry about naps and nappies!!!!!!