PDA

View Full Version : Caring for a family member alongside mindees

tigwig
24-06-2013, 01:23 PM
My SIL is having a tough time recently and we have offered to have her LO (hubbys niece) on Fri afternoons as we have a space then to help her out. We aren't going to charge but as she is under 1 I realise she has to be included in our numbers. I just wondered about my imminent Ofsted inspection and if it would cause any problem? Do I need to mark her down in register or just explain if she happens to be here who she is?

hectors house
24-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I look after my grandson on a Friday - I don't charge anything for him and kept a space for him as soon as my daughter told us she was pregnant. I mark him down in the register and do a learning journal just the same as the other mindees.

The Juggler
24-06-2013, 04:40 PM
i would do all the same paperwork as for other mindees hon :thumbsup:

bindy
24-06-2013, 04:57 PM
You need to count him along with your numbers. Up to you if you want to do paper work etc

tigwig
24-06-2013, 08:06 PM
I definitely don't want to do any paperwork on her! Have more than enough of that to do for paying mindees lol. She is only here for 4 hrs anyway. I guess I just wanted reassurance that it's ok to care for children in an 'unofficial' way. I didn't actually mark her in register last week as I thought it would confuse matters with Ofsted and taxman should they wish to check my records. If she was marked down wont they just think I am getting paid for her? Obviously I have to keep within my numbers but I didn't think I had to include her in the register as she isn't an official mindee, just a visiting relative!

littlemiss60561
24-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Could she not go in a visitors register? You never know what busy body neighbours are watching out for! At least she's on a record then.