PDA

View Full Version : Stepping stones.

Mrsh3103
24-06-2013, 09:22 AM
My DH has transformed part of our garden into a kids area this weekend (back in the good books for a few days)
I am planning on getting the mindees to make some stepping stones with their hand & foot prints on. I've found a recipe on the Internet for them (hope it works).
Has anyone any ideas how I could glaze them? I'm worried that after they have been painted the rain will just wash it away.

kellyskidz!
24-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I varnished mine, just got cheap clear varnish/gloss from b and q and gave it 2 coats, worked a treat. We covered a large stone (more of a boulder lol) in our handprints and called it our Friendship Spot where they sit and chat to friends. Not once in 4 months has it smudged or faded and its always raining here lol xx

Mrsh3103
24-06-2013, 12:53 PM

Cinnamon Sugar
24-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I varnished mine, just got cheap clear varnish/gloss from b and q and gave it 2 coats, worked a treat. We covered a large stone (more of a boulder lol) in our handprints and called it our Friendship Spot where they sit and chat to friends. Not once in 4 months has it smudged or faded and its always raining here lol xx

What a lovely idea! I might just have to copy :-)

kellyskidz!
24-06-2013, 01:29 PM
What a lovely idea! I might just have to copy :-)

Copy away, the kids love it- one of those ideas which you do spur of the moment and it turns out really well :) xx