PDA

View Full Version : Only ECM's allowed to advertise in CHildrens Centres portfolios!

Toothfairy
24-06-2013, 09:19 AM
I've just had an email from PACEY stating that from September, only ECM's (Eligable Childminders that offer 2,3&4 yr funding) will be allowed to advertise in the Children's Centres Portfolios!
Everyone else will be removed!

FussyElmo
24-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Interesting!!!

Wonder if they have heard of the word inclusion :rolleyes:

Mouse
24-06-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't think our CC allows any childminders to advertise!

Simona
24-06-2013, 10:09 AM
ECM stands for Every Child Matters...they could have been a bit more imaginative with their acronym??
as non eligible cms will be 'excluded' it looks like only certain children will matter to CC and we are supposed to be coming under their wing in childcare hubs?

Yet another tier of cms is being formed...inclusion at its worst!
I have not received an email from pacey...will wait with baited breath

Toothfairy
24-06-2013, 10:26 AM
This is what has been sent out to all Kent CM's.

Dear Colleagues

Due to recent changes to the Quality Assured Childminder status and the introduction of ECM (Eligible Childminder) provision it has been decided to make some changes to the childminding portfolios held within Kent Children’s Centres.

With immediate effect the current portfolio will become obsolete and this will be superseded by a new look portfolio which will be available to Centres during the summer period. The new look portfolio will only include details of ECMs, ie those who are able to provide the Free Early Education Entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.

If you are not currently an ECM but would be interested in becoming one, please contact your local Quality Improvement Partner (QIP) for further details.

Yours sincerely

tashaleee
24-06-2013, 12:06 PM
As far as I know our local CC has never held our details on a childminding portfolio..... we are allowed to stick up our own vacancy adverts free on their noticeboard as are any nursery, pre-school, toddler group etc

sarah707
24-06-2013, 04:59 PM
So we will have agency childminders, independent childminders, CC hub childminders, pretend childminders, illegal childminders, pacey childminders, morton michel childminders, Ukcma childminders... and they talk about how important we are and how much they value us.

More confusion for parents.

I am cross :mad:

The Juggler
24-06-2013, 05:07 PM
This is what has been sent out to all Kent CM's.

Dear Colleagues

Due to recent changes to the Quality Assured Childminder status and the introduction of ECM (Eligible Childminder) provision it has been decided to make some changes to the childminding portfolios held within Kent Children’s Centres.

With immediate effect the current portfolio will become obsolete and this will be superseded by a new look portfolio which will be available to Centres during the summer period. The new look portfolio will only include details of ECMs, ie those who are able to provide the Free Early Education Entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.

If you are not currently an ECM but would be interested in becoming one, please contact your local Quality Improvement Partner (QIP) for further details.

Yours sincerely

How helpful to parents also, if all the ECM minders are full or parents do not need a funded place - shame they won't find out about the other non accredited CM's.

:panic::panic:

loocyloo
24-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Our children's centre won't allow childminders to advertise and signpost all parents to FIS.

However, as I offer funded places the parent support workers can mention me!

tori4
24-06-2013, 05:22 PM
This reminds me to chase up our CC they refused to hold our details a while bk- but they blamed it on LA ??? I think they knew something we didn't a long time ago ...

Simona
24-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Looks like we have another little campaign on our hands? and another area where each LA differs from its neighbour...what a load of useless red tape!!!
I am waiting to receive the pacey message before I attempt to address it with them...has anyone tried? should we post it under pacey and see if anyone comes up with an answer?

Changes to 'Quality Assured cm status' may mean that no network is involved as only those who belong to one can claim that (falsely unfortunately because non network cms can be quality assured too) ... maybe Kent will do away with the network and calling all cms 'eligible' by referring to the grades
It would also tie up with the fact that cms do not need to be Accredited in future when Ofsted will be the sole judge of quality?...but until Truss announces her plans we are still dangling....but it is starting to make a sense and looks like Kent is moving fast

and yes...more labels will be attached to us...no name badge will be big enough to describe 'what type of cm' we are!