up to now this is what ive made sure are up to date

my policies
planning
development files
scrap book
risk assessments
action plans

my plain today is to update my sef -really not looking forward to that :(

the only thing im a bit worried about is providing a range of cultural toys - all I have are some coloured babies and a book about religion :panic:

I do try and do activities and crafts around different festivals lick Chinese new year and Diwali which I have evidence of in my scrap book

is there anything else I need to do - this is my first inspection doing it on my own the last time I was working with another minder so I've very nervous

munch149
24-06-2013, 07:44 AM
As far as multicultural goes I just have dolls, dressing up things and books not necessarily just about religion and culture but that have children of different ethnicitys/religions in them. Even my happy land has a black person. It's just trying to portray a diverse culture and not that everyone is white or everyone is Christian etc and helping the child feel valued. It's not so much about resources tho as about how you treat the child

Oh maybe get some posters up too. I have one with different languages on and one with a variety of people.

rickysmiths
24-06-2013, 09:01 AM
It is also a good idea to show disability. Children wearing glasses, a doll in a wheelchair etc.

~Grasshopper~
24-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Do you anything spanish? we have toys that sing in spanish and french/ dressing up clothes, italian pizza/ french sticks in the play food, dolls with bandages on, lady dr's/vets ect in the happyland sets, dora the explorer books with spanish in them.

good luck hun x

Nicola Carlyle
24-06-2013, 01:20 PM
We also watch YouTube for song and dance time. We use nursery rhymes with people from all different countries singing and you can hear the accents as well as songs with adults and children of all different colours and abilities.