PDA

View Full Version : need advice re what date to ask parents to pay at end of month

Npg1
23-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi. I now have a second family on board, my first parent always pays on time, I normally invoice at end of month to be paid on 1st of each month, this month first parents money went in straight away but as it was the weekend the money didnt clear for the whole weekend from second parent. I need to change my dates slightly but how do I do it? Pay day will fall on a friday again this month

Thanks

The Juggler
23-06-2013, 10:47 AM
once they have set up a payment directly to you it should clear in a matter of hours hon with the faster payments system. However, it is their responsibility to make sure the money is in your account on time so you need to explain to them that although banks differ in how long they take to process the money and transfer it, you need the money on the 1st so could they make sure they take account of their banks policy on number of days it takes to process - and just say with a smile how much you hate having to implement late payment charges when it is the banks fault but you HAVE to do this as late payments mean you incur bank charges yourself. ;)

The only thing you could do or suggest is that they pay you on the Friday before if the 1st falls on a Saturday or Sunday maybe but might be tricky if they don't get paid early.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-06-2013, 10:54 AM
I put on my contracts that money is to be paid by the 1st of each month and I invoice around the 20th do they have s lot if time to sort it out

bunyip
23-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Just be careful with insisting upon a date for cleared funds to be in your account. Most of the delay in clearing payments is down to the recipient's bank, and it's not the client's fault if the CM's choice of bank is rather slow at doing this.