PDA

View Full Version : New legislation re blinds from this September

Tazmin68
21-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi

I had a blind manufacturer come out to me today as I wanted a quote for replacing two roller blinds. He explained that from this September it is a legal requirement that all new AND EXISTING blinds have to have easy snap cords and fixed to the wall. It briefly mentions this on their website. They are offering a free survey to check all existing blinds so they comply. Mine have lays been secured to the wall but never knew about the easy break cord. My local children's centre they just hang loose cannot wait to see if things change come September.

Deb

moggy
21-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi

I had a blind manufacturer come out to me today as I wanted a quote for replacing two roller blinds. He explained that from this September it is a legal requirement that all new AND EXISTING blinds have to have easy snap cords and fixed to the wall. It briefly mentions this on their website. They are offering a free survey to check all existing blinds so they comply. Mine have lays been secured to the wall but never knew about the easy break cord. My local children's centre they just hang loose cannot wait to see if things change come September.

Deb

Sounds like an untrue claim to get people to buy new blinds from them. I would ask for evidence of their claim.

Rospa latest info, no mention of any law change except for strengthening a Euro standard sometime in 2013 for new blinds:

Blind Cord Safety Campaign | Current Campaigns | RoSPA - Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (http://www.rospa.com/about/currentcampaigns/blindcords/)

sarah707
21-06-2013, 04:47 PM
As far as I can find online, new blinds are fitted with safety features and people are being encouraged to replace their old blinds - but I can't find anything about legislation .. yet x