PDA

View Full Version : advice needed with late payments

lynneylou
21-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi i am after some advice please. I have a parent who i look after her child on a shift basis so one week its 1 day then 2 then 3 if you get me and i also do pick ups anyway my problem is every other week when i go to get him i get told the same thing oooo i have a little problem i havent got any money to pay you but i will be paid next week so will pay you then sorry and she always does pay me the following week but my money is all accounted for and its really a problem. What if anything can i do? i have sent a letter to all my parents explaining the importance of paying me on time but just ignored by this one. (sorry for the essay)

FussyElmo
21-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi i am after some advice please. I have a parent who i look after her child on a shift basis so one week its 1 day then 2 then 3 if you get me and i also do pick ups anyway my problem is every other week when i go to get him i get told the same thing oooo i have a little problem i havent got any money to pay you but i will be paid next week so will pay you then sorry and she always does pay me the following week but my money is all accounted for and its really a problem. What if anything can i do? i have sent a letter to all my parents explaining the importance of paying me on time but just ignored by this one. (sorry for the essay)

So the mum is bringing you upto date on the fees on the second week. Could you consider seeing if the mums wants to pay you every 2 weeks. Sounds like (and I know its not our problem) that mum is having trouble budgeting.

If not have you got late payment fees in your contracts perhaps another warning and saying any more issues you will be implementing them :thumbsup:

rosebud
21-06-2013, 03:56 PM
As it has happened more than once I would have a chat with mum and find out how often she is paid and say that you can't keep being paid late but would like to make things easier for her. Is it easier for her to pay you fortnightly or monthly? (always in advance of course) If your payment arrangements change ensure you do a new contract and detail when the change will be from.