PDA

View Full Version : activity ideas please

kims kingdom
21-06-2013, 08:46 AM
So my new mindee 18month loves switches he will know how to turn a toy on he can turn it over and use the switch to turn it on
Ive just watched him this week but next week want to do some adult led activites but not sure what I was thinking makin shapes from potatoes and gettin paint out im going to go to a toddler group on mon and he sleeps in afternoon so whatever I plan will be done on tue morning before nursery.
Also im looking at eyfs need to get ink In printer to print photos and start lj which I really enjoy doing but gonna find this one hard as he doesnt use words to communicate.
Any activity ideas would be great help u lovely forum people

Helen79
21-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Have a look in the charity shops for things like old radios/phones/gadgets that he can play with to turn the knobs and switches and push buttons. That ticks his ICT box on his LJ aswell as understanding of the world and fine motor skills.

Potato printing might be hard for an 18month old as the potatoes are hard to hold when slippy with paint, painting with things like sticklebricks and cars make good patterns for the younger children to explore.

I wouldn't worry about him communicating just yet. If you look through the development matters it mentions other ways of communicating such as pointing/babbling, so if he's using other ways of communicating with you then you can write that up to show which stage he's at.

kims kingdom
21-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Have a look in the charity shops for things like old radios/phones/gadgets that he can play with to turn the knobs and switches and push buttons. That ticks his ICT box on his LJ aswell as understanding of the world and fine motor skills.

Potato printing might be hard for an 18month old as the potatoes are hard to hold when slippy with paint, painting with things like sticklebricks and cars make good patterns for the younger children to explore.

I wouldn't worry about him communicating just yet. If you look through the development matters it mentions other ways of communicating such as pointing/babbling, so if he's using other ways of communicating with you then you can write that up to show which stage he's at.

Thank u ill get down to charity shop later
Oh yeah good thinkin bout pot
Ill sit down later and work out what to do he doesnt really like cars but like alphapet music toy and tubs plates I might get pots and pans and spoons he likes banging things.
Thanks for advice :)