PDA

View Full Version : Parents do make me smile

ziggy
21-06-2013, 07:32 AM
2 years ago i had to give immediate notice to a 2.5 year old who I had minded since he was 7months. He was very aggressive, wouldnt eat anything except junk food. After months of trying to work with mummy his behaviour just got worse. The final straw was when he bit another child totally unprovoked and on same day lifted 5month old baby from the floor by her hair!!!!:angry:

When I called mummy at work, she appeared at the door screaming and shouting at me, saying it was all MY fault he bahaved so badly. She said I didnt do enough with him, I had too many visitors and had more mindees than i could cope with!!!

Yesterday childminder he went to after me phoned to ask could i explain my 'structured plan'.

Apparently his mummy has told this minder that if she doesnt offer the 'structured plan' he had with me she wont be sending him to minder over summer hols (which begin next week over here). She went on to say i had him out doing things all the time, we also did cooking and art activities and he was much better behaved due to having a well planned active day.

Well, what a shame she didnt say all that to me but heyho, I know i did my best for that child and his lack of routine or discipline plus her hatred for his father is/was real reason for his behaviour problems

bunyip
21-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Gotta love that mum. :laughing:

Get a sheet of paper and write on it:-

Structured Plan for XXXXXX
1. Figured out he's a little brat.
2. Give notice.
3. That's it.

:D

Oh, and be sure to charge the new CM a professional consultation fee. :thumbsup:

ziggy
21-06-2013, 09:35 AM

1. Figured out he's a little brat.
2. Give notice.
3. That's it.

Oh, and be sure to charge the new CM a professional consultation fee. :thumbsup:

Oh i just love that plan lol, really made me chuckle, thank you xx

Kiddleywinks
21-06-2013, 11:54 AM
So child is now nearly 5, has been with 'new' minder for 2 years and a 'structured plan' has only just been mentioned?!!

Kiddleywinks
21-06-2013, 11:56 AM
i fixed your post for you :laughing:

1. Mum's a fool
2. Figured out he's a little brat.
3. Give notice.
4. That's it.

bunyip
21-06-2013, 12:13 PM
i fixed your post for you :laughing:

Love it. :laughing:

Should I add that to my 'self-reflective notes' folder? :D

Kiddleywinks
21-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Love it. :laughing:

Should I add that to my 'self-reflective notes' folder? :D

Definately:thumbsup:
'Working in partnership with other settings'
'Working in partnership with parents' (structured plan)