PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones

aella851
21-06-2013, 05:55 AM
In our safeguarding they suggested we had a seperate phone for business and have a mobile for personal use. So you can have work phones off at weekends check for any messages on a sunday afternoon and also to safeguard yourself if you have any trouble clients.
Wondering if any of you have a mobile for business and one for personal?

shortstuff
21-06-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't, I don't see it as useful. The benefit of a mobile phone is that you can see who's calling and choose to answer or not x

FussyElmo
21-06-2013, 05:59 AM
I don't but I then it doesn't bother me answering parents. The only time I don't is bedtime but I switch my phone onto silent.

sarah707
21-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Are they going to pay for a second phone and sim card?? I think not! :laughing:

I have 1 phone - I give parents clear guidelines about when I can and cannot be contacted - and I don't answer unless it's an emergency outside those times :D

Jenna
21-06-2013, 07:04 AM
I wish I had a second mobile phone now. Most of my parents are fab I might get a text here or there if they need extra hours or dad collecting rather than mum which is fine. However I had new child start at Xmas and I think mum thinks I'm available 24/7 she rings and texts all the time. Half the time it's about rubbish which could wait until kids are dropped off. I've sent letter after letter home but still no luck her idea of an emergency and mine are 2 totally different things. If I don't answer she keeps ringing both my house and mobile and leaves messages on both. I'd love to b able to turn my phone off at 6pm and not turn it bk on until 8am the following morning it would make my life so peaceful.

jackie 7
21-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Tell her that unless it is a real emergency and not something that can be dryly with at drop off you will not reply to text. You will have to charge her as it is taking up time you need for the children.

Nicola Carlyle
21-06-2013, 07:28 AM
I have two mobiles. One personal and one for work. It's a godsend. Don't get me wrong-all my parents have been fab so far but I don't just give my work number to parents. My development officer, ofsted, council, assessor etc all have it to. To me I know when my personal phone rungs it can wait but if its my work phone I go running lol. I do switch it to silent from 6pm and I will check it for texts before I go to bed. It's in silent all weekend but I check it regularly for texts or missed calls. For me it's easier. x

hollyvilla
21-06-2013, 07:44 AM
I have 2 phones after many years of experience. My work one gets switched off for weekends and holidays, checked on a Sunday evening for anything important and then switched off again until Monday at 7am. Too many years of having pointless conversations at 2pm on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, or 10pm in the evening ( I am fast asleep by then, had a busy day).

bindy
21-06-2013, 07:53 AM
How lucky am I ! Hardly any parent call or text. Only to tell me child is sick so will not becoming!

blue bear
21-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I had two at one time, now only have one but parents are told my phone goes off at 6pm and back on at 7 am Mott on at weekends at all.
I just don't respond to work calls in that time as I can see who it is from, they soon get the message I'm not responding and wait til morning, if you respond they will see that as you don't mind and continue to call you whenever they see the need.