PDA

View Full Version : Accredited cm.

nikki thomson
20-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi from sep can any cm get the 15hrs funding for 3-4yr olds, and do you still have to do extra courses etc, my friend is thinking of doing it but I'm not sure what's changing, can someone help, please, thanks. X

samb
20-06-2013, 06:15 PM
I think it depends on your la. in Surrey to get funding for 3-4 yr olds you have to be on the network but you don't have to be to get 2 yr funding

teacake2
21-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Its the other way round in staffs or that was what I was told last night.
Teacake2

Simona
21-06-2013, 04:36 PM
This is a very grey area...many LAs will only allow network cms to do the funding but that will change as they must include good/o's non network cms
Some will allow you to do the funding for 2,3,4 yo while others only for 2 yo ...it is really unclear until the DfE will publish the new guidelines for all LAs, that will be very soon

In terms of Accreditation...another very grey area because Ofsted wants to be the 'sole arbirter of quality', some LAs are now closing networks while others will continue with them

Whatever happens I hope we get some standardised support for ALL cms in future

jackie 7
21-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I have to be a good and level 3 and part if a network. You have to give 3-4 funding here before giving : funding.

Stapleton83
21-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I was accredited for 3 - 4 y/o funding prior to any changes being announced but recently received an e-mail from my LA asking if I would like to offer it to 2 year olds as well as the legislation has changed and they can no longer impose their own requirements!

Sam x

Simona
21-06-2013, 09:38 PM
WOW ..your LA has got the message Stapleton83...things are changing and LAs know there is no point in delaying what is coming for sure