PDA

View Full Version : Food Hygiene

pillows
20-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Hope your all keeping well, please could you advise me to if 3.46 of the welfare requirements is actually saying that all childminders/providers need to complete a food hygiene course. (is this now a legal requirement )?

many thanks

Rick
20-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't think so.....we are not a 'group provision'

sarah707
20-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Rick is right - but it also depends on the requirements of your local authority I suggest you ask them :D

childminder54
20-06-2013, 10:09 PM
I had to do level 2 I did mine on pacey web site worked out cheaper doing on line instead of doing a all day one at a centre, even though I was up til 3am doing it then up at 5.20 as I forgot to iron my hubbies shirt then first mindee at 6.45. I though that as I donot supply food but my local LA said I had to because of handling and storage in fridge

pillows
21-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks for your views everyone, I have always done mine as a matter of good practice but I have heard of a CM who was downgraded because she did not have one and she doesn't cook food but obviously re-heats for children and snacks etc. She does have an assistant so not sure if this has contributed?? but again I always just get my assistants to complete a food hygiene as I provide all meals and they are expected to cook as well sometimes.

Just I didn't want to be giving wrong advice to other CM she is going to wait for her report to come back and see wording but inspector said it was a legal requirement.

JulieA
21-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Good practice but not legal, unless your la require differently. However, I wouldn't think ofsted to inspect to each la requirements.