PDA

View Full Version : Another numbers question :)

Jayse74
20-06-2013, 05:07 PM
My DW is trying to sort things out, looks like we will have new mindee's for September but we do not want to offer places we do not have have or annoy the good parents, bad enougth with all what has been going on with the sector as it is.

So, both of us can have 6 under 8's (im the regged assistant)

So on one day we would need:

1 one year old
1 three year old
2 four year old's
2 five year old's

*one of these 5yr olds is a shift worker so its as and when, between 7:30am to 9:00am.

Does this sound ok? I will be roped in to do the school run in the morning aswell.

Thanks in advance :)

blue bear
20-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I make that four non school aged and 2 school aged, thats more than fine with two of you.

MessybutHappy
20-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Do you have any of your own to count that aren't listed here? Looks ok as it stands though...

sarah707
20-06-2013, 07:12 PM
I am assuming you have planning permission and you have checked your available space against the EYFS requirements :D

Space Requirements - EYFS 2012 (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/spacerequirementseyfs2012.html)

Jayse74
20-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Do you have any of your own to count that aren't listed here? Looks ok as it stands though...

We have two of our own but they are teenagers.

Edit: Grumpy teenagers I may add lol!

Jayse74
20-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I am assuming you have planning permission and you have checked your available space against the EYFS requirements :D

Space Requirements - EYFS 2012 (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/spacerequirementseyfs2012.html)

In our local authority, planning permission from the council revolves around noise and not the amount we have. My partner is the Ofsted registered minder and on our old Ofsted certificate it says we are allowed six under 8 when working together at any one time.

Our new certificate has nothing about the numbers, assuming this was due to the ratio thingy that has now been canned. Nothing has changed regarding available floor space.