PDA

View Full Version : What really grates on me is

JCrakers
20-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Parents who let their kids stay up until any hour and have no bedtime routine, swapping beds and getting up in the night at various times leaving me with two extremely tired children. Grumpy,arguing, not eating lunch, and then a wasted afternoon with children asleep on sofa!! Trying to get them motivated is a nightmare.
These children are 3 and 4. Both different families. One starts school in September, no idea how she's going to cope staying awake all day :(

It's amazing what a good bedtime routine does....aarrggghh....sleep at night not here!!!!!!!

;p

Rick
20-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Parents who let their kids stay up until any hour and have no bedtime routine, swapping beds and getting up in the night at various times leaving me with two extremely tired children. Grumpy,arguing, not eating lunch, and then a wasted afternoon with children asleep on sofa!! Trying to get them motivated is a nightmare.
These children are 3 and 4. Both different families. One starts school in September, no idea how she's going to cope staying awake all day :(

It's amazing what a good bedtime routine does....aarrggghh....sleep at night not here!!!!!!!

;p

Frustrating isn't it when parents don't back up the good things you are trying to do. :angry:

yummyripples
20-06-2013, 02:34 PM
How about when you are trying to wean children off dummies and they arrive with them in their mouth. You take it off them and they are fine all day but when mum gets here they cry so dummy goes straight it.
How about the mum who says little un didn't sleep last night so we are all tired. Please don't let them sleep today.
how about the child who arrives poorly and you are told yo just sit tgem on the couch in front of the telly all day. Oh ok I haven't got others who need to get out.
The mother of a 15 month old who wants to potty train.
The children who are sent without appropriate clothing.
The parents who say I wish I could stay and chill out with you today. Chill out? CHILL OUT?
The list is endless. ....

Rubybubbles
20-06-2013, 02:45 PM
How about when you are trying to wean children off dummies and they arrive with them in their mouth. You take it off them and they are fine all day but when mum gets here they cry so dummy goes straight it.
How about the mum who says little un didn't sleep last night so we are all tired. Please don't let them sleep today.
how about the child who arrives poorly and you are told yo just sit tgem on the couch in front of the telly all day. Oh ok I haven't got others who need to get out.
The parents who say I wish I could stay and chill out with you today. Chill out? CHILL OUT?

Oh dear haha sorry our post made me laugh

Koala
20-06-2013, 02:56 PM

The list is endless but lets keep going.....
The parent who want you to teach their 18m old a different language
The parent who asks you to make sure their LO chews his food
The parent who wants you to watch his shoes, because they don't fit properly

Come on lets have some more...

aella851
20-06-2013, 03:04 PM
If I get registration and clients I might have things to add to the list. Interesting points though.

Mrsh3103
20-06-2013, 03:23 PM
The parent who gets you to pick their child up from school as she couldn't possibly get there in time. Yes I see you drive past the school while I'm stood there in the pouring rain. (I am getting paid so shouldn't really complain)

doris127
20-06-2013, 03:57 PM
The parents that sign up then complain about your holidays as they don't get enough to cover them so you agree to give up 3 days of your holiday for them - only to discover they take a day off a month for them to have a month"parents day"

doris127
20-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

Parents that send children in dungarees when they are toilet training - or even better the ones that put braces on a wee boy then put a jumper on top and didn't tell me. Poor wee boy got really confused when his trousers kept pinging back up when he went to the loo!

Twinkling Stars
20-06-2013, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE="doris127;1265361"]Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

I agree with this one time i had four children wearing them! Arggggghhhh! Nightmare when they keep taking them off and you have to put back on!

jackie 7
20-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Parents who send a girl in fur lined boots on a hot day. Other girl I strappy sandels which she trips over all the time as they are too big. Parents who can't understand why you are not ready when they turn up half hour early. Yes they got charged out of hours rate!!

Mrs Scrubbit
20-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Parents who send their babies in shoes with velcro straps that are so full of fluff that they won't do up properly, knowing full well that little ones love kicking/taking them off esp when out and about in the buggy. I've lost count of how many times I have had to retrace my steps in search of a shoe that had gone awol! xx

Mrs Scrubbit
20-06-2013, 07:47 PM
.....oh yes and parents that send babies in dungarees WITHOUT poppers, resulting in having to almost strip them for every nappy change x

Mrs Scrubbit
20-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm on a roll now!....... parents who send spag bol in for their new self feeders and informing me that they only have it when they come to me because they cause such a mess!!!x

Christi
20-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Parents that send children with shoes with laces, I of course have nothing better to do than tie/untie/untangle the shoelaces everytime we go in/out!
Parents that text me at 6am on a Sunday morning!

mum2two
20-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Parents who send pull ups! On a child that is nowhere near potty training - with Lace up shoes & tight jeans.... All makes for a quick nappy change when they do a poo just as you're about to leave for school run!!!!

Shoes too big/too small

Big coats & jumpers on days with 25 degree heat, and no coats (or at best a body warmer) on days when I'm wearing gloves!

Rice - for a child with zero table manners or ability!

Parents who tell us all these great things their child is able to do/loves.....

Mrs Scrubbit
20-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Parents who send pull ups! On a child that is nowhere near potty training - with Lace up shoes & tight jeans.... All makes for a quick nappy change when they do a poo just as you're about to leave for school run!!!!

Shoes too big/too small

Big coats & jumpers on days with 25 degree heat, and no coats (or at best a body warmer) on days when I'm wearing gloves!

Rice - for a child with zero table manners or ability!

Parents who tell us all these great things their child is able to do/loves.....

I so know what you mean, I have at the moment two babies who, for some reason I cannot grasp,are both currently being sent in/and supplied with PULL UPS,I hate them at the best of times let alone on 12 and 13 mth olds x

rickysmiths
20-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Parents that think converse baseball boots are suitable footwear - they are a nightmare!

Parents that send children in dungarees when they are toilet training - or even better the ones that put braces on a wee boy then put a jumper on top and didn't tell me. Poor wee boy got really confused when his trousers kept pinging back up when he went to the loo!

Oh I can beat that!! The parent who came to me when I gave my holidays in Feb and asked if I could alter one week of my summer holiday because his brother is over from NZ. Fair enough and I rarely book to go anywhere till the last min so weeks changed and yesterday mum says to me, 'we need to check hols i think there is a week when we are away and you are not'. Well blow me down with a feather, they are meeting with brother in Europe the week I had originally booked of and altered to another for them :laughing::laughing: Now they have to pay me for a week full fee while they are away and I get a long weekend.

rickysmiths
20-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I so know what you mean, I have at the moment two babies who, for some reason I cannot grasp,are both currently being sent in/and supplied with PULL UPS,I hate them at the best of times let alone on 12 and 13 mth olds x

Oh I refuse pull ups. I never allow them they are a pain in the neck and they are not necessary at all for potty training, I have supported training dozens of children and never used them. I refuse to have to completely undress a child to be able to change them, especially if we are out.

rickysmiths
20-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Oh I'm sorry but this really made me smile :laughing:

lubeam
20-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Omg!!!! Fully just lol'd !! :) :)

nikki thomson
20-06-2013, 09:31 PM
The parents who insist there child is not ill even though they've been up all night with them screaming and a high temp, but it's ok I checked there temp before I left the house and it's ok but he will be abit grizzly.......grrrrrr. Oh yes and it's just teething, even when it's clearly not, grrrrrr some more. X

Tinkerbell1979
20-06-2013, 09:32 PM
What grates me......

Parents that put there 15 month old toddler in designer blouses that are too small with a million buttons!

Parents that put there 15 month old toddler in white rights, white t-shirt, white dress and ****** white shoes then get narky when she goes home black because been playing in the garden

Cottonsocks
20-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I've got a 4 yr old at the moment with winter lace up boots and can't master laces yet. Grrr! I hate it when parents arrive with schoolies 15 mins before we leave for school announcing that they haven't applied sun cream yet as they thought I could apply it just before we leave (only I'm getting 11 children ready to leave. If I had to do that with every one we'd be late) grrrr! I hate it when parents arrive with littlies full of the joys of spring & just happen to forget to mention the little one had been sick all night, which the children are always so proud to announce within 10 mins of arriving. Home they go. Grrrr!

Cottonsocks
20-06-2013, 10:06 PM
And the father who announces they don't want their son to sleep in the afternoon anymore as they don't at home. Poor little dab is exhausted by nap time. I told him there wasn't a hope I'd agree to keep him up & they can often need a sleep at Childminders as there's so much going on & they're constantly on the go. When mum picks up she happens to mention how he sleeps for 3 hours on the days he's home with dad & he only sleeps for an hour here! Grrr!

yummyripples
20-06-2013, 10:32 PM
The mum who asks if her child has picked up new bad habits from my own child.
Parents who arrive early in the morning then want to chat for 10 mins.
The mum who feels the need to tell me to only give her baby cooled boiled water and not tap water.
The dad who says that they will pick up at 4 but doesn't turn up till nearly 5.

shortstuff
20-06-2013, 10:34 PM
how about the parents whose children have no rules or restrictions at home so struggle when they go to any kind of setting? oh but they only misbehave with you, thats because im here to provide care for more than just their darling

yummyripples
20-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh and CROCS! !!!!

sarahmc
20-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Parents who have been to the doctors because LO has sore mouth and gets told it's thrush possibly due to too much milk from a bottle. But no can't be that must be an allergy to the new bottles so brings 2 1/2 year old with bottle of milk! What does the doctor know!

natalieatk
21-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Parents who say child is trained yet child continues to wee for the past year! Parent says child is dry at home!!!
Parent who says child can self fees with fork and spoon but child continues to eat with hands at 30 months and makes a huge mess!
Parents who say child cannot sleep at all even after getting up at 5:15 and has a go at me when child has fell asleep in car! (Hang on a minute il just avert my eyes from driving whilst I entertain your child in the car!!)
Parent who says child hasn't eaten breakfast and can I give him some 10 minutes before leaving for school and when I don't provide breakfast anyway!!

I'm enjoying this .........
Parent who sends child in summer clothes cos its sunny outside! But no coat forgetting it may rain or get cold!
Parent who send child in and mention that there in pants for the first time!!! Expecting you to potty train them!

Wow that felt good! Keep it going!

Cottonsocks
21-06-2013, 07:31 PM
This is great therapy!

yummyripples
21-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Parent who says child hasn't eaten breakfast and can I give him some 10 minutes before leaving for school and when I don't provide breakfast anyway!!

I had this and I explained that I don't do breakfast as in the morning I don't have time to sit and feed a baby until we get to playgroup.
The next week same parent arrived (early) with a bowl of cereal saying I know you don't have time so I will feed him here then proceeded to feed him - in MY HOUSE GETTING IN MY WAY. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. I think she just thought I was being awkward by saying I don't have time to feed him.

stacieepg
21-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Omg and when a parent drives child around at night ie early hours because u give them treats to stop them crying then they want them all night then they are miserable :-//// madness

kellib
25-06-2013, 08:41 AM
When a parent can't see that their child has put their clothes on back to front!

loocyloo
25-06-2013, 09:20 AM
When a parent can't see that their child has put their clothes on back to front!

My dd used to do that. But because she dressed herself I used to leave her!

When a parent doesn't remove artwork and letters from bag a week later !

kellyskidz!
25-06-2013, 10:21 AM
When parents don't pay on time, yet when you drive past the local pub- there they are, drink in hand!
When parents linger... Drives me crazy! Their child's getting more and more upset and they keep coming back for 'one last hug' just go, they're laughing their heads off 2 seconds after you leave!
Parents moaning about paint on clothes, 'don't you have aprons' yes but they're not bodysuits, I can't help a bit of paint on a sleeve

Saying this though, that's all I can think of- my parents aren't bad really, I think I'd be a more moaning parent than any of them lol :blush:

kellyskidz!
25-06-2013, 10:25 AM
OH also, when they talk to you through their kids.
Hello darling, oh aren't you messy today, did Kelly not put an apron on you?
Or, lets ask Kelly if you can stay a little later tomorrow shall we?
HELLO I'm right here! Speak to me!

karen m
25-06-2013, 07:10 PM
When child goes home on a Friday tea time never bothering about to toilet i then get a phone call just before pre school pick up to say. child is now out of nappies at home and would I put him in his underpants at mine as he is not ready to go without nappy at school yet ;( , well I try and no success pee all over my carpets , speak to mum at drop off her reply yes he does forget when in underpants we just let him run round with nothing on here ..... Well he won't be doing that at mine tried for 2 weeks but now back in underpants

Mrsh3103
26-06-2013, 08:09 AM
When mum drops lo off & says 'ooooo I think he did a poo in the car on the way here, I'll leave that one for you hahaha'. I go to change his nappy & it quite clearly happened way before they got in the car to do the 5min journey to my house!!!!!

Ripeberry
26-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm on a roll now!....... parents who send spag bol in for their new self feeders and informing me that they only have it when they come to me because they cause such a mess!!!x

Maybe you just keep everything so clean Mrs Scrubbit :p

chriss
26-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Parents phoning to say "can you just make sure to wash their hands cos I dont want them getting colds" Cos otherwise they wouldnt wash their hands all day??

Putting the sweetest dress AND shoes on, then commenting they have sand, muck, etc on them, and how did they scuff their new shoes ?? Is it a fashion show or do you want your child your child to play ?? You cant have both :angry:

chriss
26-06-2013, 09:18 AM
OH also, when they talk to you through their kids.
Hello darling, oh aren't you messy today, did Kelly not put an apron on you?
Or, lets ask Kelly if you can stay a little later tomorrow shall we?
HELLO I'm right here! Speak to me!

Or "would you like to go to Chriss's house tomorrow and play ?" Well NO because you are not booked in so dont assume. Ask me first and dont put me on the spot in front of your child who will get upset if I say no !! Grrrr

emma04
26-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Parents who serve you notice because they're not happy with the way lo is settling and then ask you to have them for the whole of the notice period (which you reduced, incase they wanted to leave immediately) whilst they look for a nursery instead!!!

Parents who tell you that the health visitor said this, the health visitor said that......everything that contradicts the advice given by the child-minder.......worth pointing out, that we speak often as parents too and from experience, not an NHS script, to avoid us being sued!!!!

Parents who firmly believe that you leave their lo to cry for hours without attempting to soothe them! Yeah right, like I want my neighbours to report me and for my ears to bleed!!!! We do our best, but without an off switch, it's up to each lo, when they decide to stop!!

Parents that don't give settling in a chance and then automatically assume that nursery is the only option because there are more staff and lo can be attended to more frequently!

I'VE HAD A BAD WEEK!!!

Mrsh3103
26-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Parents who send their child in long sleeved T-shirt & thick jogging bottoms and then comment on how it's 21degrees today. Now to dig out some of my ds old shorts & tshirts ahhhhhh

KatieFS
26-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Jumpsuits!!!!!!! Have to get child naked before you can change nappy!

twiggy
26-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Parents who have sent their child with the same thing everyday for lunch since they started with me last September and are surprised that the child no longer wants to eat it.

tulip0803
26-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Flip flops

X has a cold again. Who at yours has given it to them?

I am going to home school - It's such a shame that there are only younger children to play with at yours now the others have started school??!!

My Mummy says I can ....

We want them to run round naked so they get the feel of getting wet when they wee. - Not at my house you are not.

Doctor says my child has E-coli. What do you mean they can't come?

As you would be working on Christmas Eve for us anyway would you drive my family to Heathrow? (No thought of the 5 seat car, my 2 children, my other 3 mindees!)

They have been naughty at home so I don't want you to give them any treats or do nice things with them!!!!!!!!!!

Cottonsocks
26-06-2013, 09:15 PM
"So my child has been sent home from school with diarrhoea and has to stay away for 48hrs. Can they stay with you instead?" Errrr, let me think about that one.... As it was your child who hadn't stayed away from here last time he had a bug & caused me to close for the first time in 10 years when I caught it..... NO!!!

kellib
27-06-2013, 07:01 AM
When parents forget LO's jacket then tell you it looks like rain outside!

Mrsh3103
27-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Calling my house phone at 6.30am because I didn't answer my mobile. 'Sorry to call so early but I knew you'd be up'
Actually for the 1st time in a very long time my lovely children were still asleep & I was in bed!

jackie 7
27-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Sending a child in lace up trainers and they can't do them up. He unlaced them when thinking about his behaviour.

kellib
02-07-2013, 11:41 PM
People who can't read information!

Everything I advertise has which school I pick up from yet I get numerous phone calls a day asking me if I do such and such a school, usually miles away from me anyway!

Bumble Beez
03-07-2013, 04:46 AM
The parent who gets you to pick their child up from school as she couldn't possibly get there in time. Yes I see you drive past the school while I'm stood there in the pouring rain. (I am getting paid so shouldn't really complain)

Lol!! I've got one of those x

Bumble Beez
03-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Baby girl of 8 months who has learnt to commando crawl everywhere...parent sends in white and pink lacy dress and leggings and then says 'oh you've got so grubby today' hmmmmm!

Oh and when a parent of a little one who bum shuffles complains about grass stains on his jeans? Oh dear lord...

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
03-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Oh keep thinking of more...love this thread :P
Child who I take to school, arrives at 8am and goes to school at 9...don't collect him and parent who turns up and says 'can you just fill his cup with juice cos I've ran out at home' um.....no :) especially when you ask everyday!

Bumble Beez
03-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Parents who's language is highly inappropriate at home, when i see them out and when dropping off and then complains when little one has said a naughty word....did he pick that up from yours Sarah? I'm thinking ummm no!

natalieatk
03-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Parents who arrive 10 minutes late - I'm stood by mg car waiting to go to school to pick others up in 5 minutes - and say I am I late! Er yeh!

natalieatk
03-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Parents who send their child with no coat when I have 3 school runs to do! And say oh iv forgot the coat and its going to rain.......and!! What exactly so you want me to do about that!!

Mrsh3103
03-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Parents who turn up 10mins before the school run with their child still in pj's "we over slept, I'm going to be late for work here are his clothes"

ziggy
03-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Parents of schoolies who ask months before holidays if i can take 3 children for 3 mornings a week. Then one or other of the children dont like my 'rules' and dont want to come again after first day. Parent finds 'friend' to take children, then it doesnt work out so comes back to me!!!

And WHY on earth am i so soft and allow her to do it????????:angry::angry::angry:

Tinkerbell1979
03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Parents who ask if their 16m old is safe feeding the ducks Nd do I want reins !!!

Daisy1956
03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Parents who arrive 5 mins before I leave for school with child with a bowl of cereal and ask. me to put milk on it.

cupcakencookie
03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Parents enquiring about vacancies by phone at 12.30pm midweek... leaving a message when I don't answer and then getting cross when I return the call at 8.30am the following morning saying I woke them and they no longer need the place as they've now made alternative arrangements...grrr

smurfette
03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Oh keep thinking of more...love this thread :P
Child who I take to school, arrives at 8am and goes to school at 9...don't collect him and parent who turns up and says 'can you just fill his cup with juice cos I've ran out at home' um.....no :) especially when you ask everyday!

Yeo used to have a nine year old like this only mum never said. He used to say 'I have no drink today' ..
Couldn't let him go to school without one all day!!

smurfette
03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Parents of schoolies who ask months before holidays if i can take 3 children for 3 mornings a week. Then one or other of the children dont like my 'rules' and dont want to come again after first day. Parent finds 'friend' to take children, then it doesnt work out so comes back to me!!!

And WHY on earth am i so soft and allow her to do it????????:angry::angry::angry:

She did not Ziggy!! Thought you were gonna not have them and have the peace and quiet!!

ziggy
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
was due to have eldest today (refused over night care for all of them thursday), long story on another thread:angry:

starschildmind
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Parents who never read the day diary. You write in there the child needs nappys as you are dropping off the child on the school run (teachers daughter) and collecting other children so forget to mention... 4 days later no nappys. Have to use my daughters.. grrrrr

Parents who collect their children and dont get children to say bye.. (i think its rude if they have spent whole day with me!!)

Not sending in approprite clothing.

Oh and i forgot a little ones
Shoes.. as she pulls them off. THE LOOK I GOT. Dont put velco shoes on you 15 month old. She pulls them offff grrrrrr.

And parents that complain about the 'state of my house' its a bit of flour play. Its not going to kill them and it hoovers up. I will wrap your child up in cotton wool to and not let them play and develop. Grrrr grrr grrrrrr!!!!

ziggy
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Parents who never read the day diary. You write in there the child needs nappys as you are dropping off the child on the school run (teachers daughter) and collecting other children so forget to mention... 4 days later no nappys. Have to use my daughters.. grrrrr

Parents who collect their children and dont get children to say bye.. (i think its rude if they have spent whole day with me!!)

Not sending in approprite clothing.

Oh and i forgot a little ones
Shoes.. as she pulls them off. THE LOOK I GOT. Dont put velco shoes on you 15 month old. She pulls them offff grrrrrr.

And parents that complain about the 'state of my house' its a bit of flour play. Its not going to kill them and it hoovers up. I will wrap your child up in cotton wool to and not let them play and develop. Grrrr grrr grrrrrr!!!!

I had a parent who didnt send nappies so i bought a pack n added cost onto her bill

natalieatk
03-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Parents who arrive 5 mins before I leave for school with child with a bowl of cereal and ask. me to put milk on it.

Haha I have this each morning! He's just woke up there's his clothes - nappy needs changing and there's his cereal - erm it's 8:20 I'm leaving in 10 minutes! He's going to school with what he's wearing!!! Grrrr

natalieatk
03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
When I my rules clearly state I don't do breakfast - parent comes In and says he didn't eat his breakfast so just give him some toast!! Erm no!

jackie 7
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Parents who don't read the letter sayingy holiday dates then say what do you mean you fly on Wednesday don't you mean Thursday. No dad the twit threw it away. I now write it in the book.

Mrsh3103
08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Parents who text at 12:45 and ask if I can give their son lunch when he arrives at mine at 1:30pm as she is out & won't have time.
This is from the mother that insists her son eats at 12 prompt then is put down for nap at 12:30 grrrrrrr

jackie 7
08-07-2013, 04:34 PM
When you are trying to get dad to sign accident sheet for 2 bangs on head and s graze. And you have to make him listen.