PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspections threaten the 2 year old offer

Simona
20-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Ah......... the penny has finally dropped?
DfE wants us to take 2 year olds then Ofsted comes along and downgrades us...so we hand the 2 year olds back???

Obvious DfE and Ofsted are not communicating here...but who is in charge of policy making?

Ofsted inspections threaten two-year-old offer, warns expert | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1077538/ofsted-inspections-threaten-offer-warns-expert?WT.rss_f=News&WT.rss_a=Ofsted+inspections+threaten+two-year-old+offer,+warns+expert&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

AgentTink
20-06-2013, 01:25 PM
I had wondered how long their little flaw in their plan would go un-noticed :panic:

Its alright though im sure they will come out and say that all nuseries/pre-schools/childrens centers can continue to have 2yr olds with satisfactory just like they can in our LA with 3/4 yrd old, however childminders wont be allowed.....

Chatterbox Childcare
20-06-2013, 01:29 PM
How can they blame the framework changes when the numbers were pre Sept 12

Something isn't adding up here?

TooEarlyForGin?
20-06-2013, 01:31 PM
How can they blame the framework changes when the numbers were pre Sept 12

Something isn't adding up here?

This has confused me too, the more "difficult" inspections, like some we have seen on here, seem to have come about since Ms Truss started sticking her oar in.

Simona
20-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Is it not the other way round?
Ofsted will make Truss' 2 year old scheme a failure...Oftsed is too political and too involved in policy making for my liking
and approaching quality the wrong way...

Is it best to wait for an inspection before we say yes to taking the 2 year olds? I will certainly ask my LA their opinion on this...and who will support cms if given satisfactory? which as we know will be 'requires improvement' from Sept?