PDA

View Full Version : Play tray thing?

BlondeMoment
20-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I've not posted in ages! Hope you're all well.

I've no idea what it would be called but I'm sure I must be able to get one somewhere....

When the babies are sleeping my older ones like to get out lego and marbles and toys with small parts etc.
We put them away before the babies wake up but there is often a stray marble or piece of lego that gets left behing and I'm terrified one day I won't spot it in time.
I'm thinking I need some sort of large tray like thing that can keep everything contained and thats big enough for the children to make larger scale things in.
I reckon it's need to be about a metre by a metre at least. Even something they could sit in maybe?
What would be ideal would be another room but unfortunately thats not an option lol.
Any ideas?
Lisa xxx

The Juggler
20-06-2013, 10:14 AM
a tuffspot tray ?

QualityCare
20-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Tuffspot mixing tray from local builders merchants, wicks, B&Q etc just under £20

mama2three
20-06-2013, 10:19 AM
I think you either need something large like a toughspot - or - something small enough to fit through your doors. 1metre will be too small for great creations , but still too big to pick up and move out of little ones ways to another room / cupboard whatever without tipping , then everything falls off!! Ive made the same mistake with lego etc in the toughspot but cant get it out of the room. In the end I still use the toughspot and lift it up onto the table - but the kids would prefer something that would fit in the cupboard so they don't have to break up / put away / start again each time - the whole tray would just move mid-creation.

BlondeMoment
20-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Just ordered a tuffspot tray on ebay! Perfect! Exactly what I wanted. Thanks everyone.
Mama2three I only need to be able to lift it onto a table so this is great. They can even use it at the table as the sides will help to stop things escaping onto the floor!