PDA

View Full Version : Parents turned

jellybellys
19-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Anyone had clients turn after giving notice? Lovely until you've given notice then they turn horrid or they filled in a glowing questionnaire but 2 weeks later give notice saying over the past few months they've had concerns (of which they've never mentioned before)

Rick
19-06-2013, 03:35 PM
That's awful. The whole point of the questionnaire is to find out any issues that 'haven't come up before'.
:group hug:

sarah707
19-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Are you ok? That's not nice xx

Koala
19-06-2013, 04:53 PM
There is nothing as strange as folk.

Chin up and carry on.

Try not to take it to heart sometimes they have an issue that they aren't dealing with and in turn focus their frustration on you.

jellybellys
19-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes I'm fine, thanku. over it now and filled spaces surprisingly quick. My friend is having sudden issues with one she gave notice last week and its making her blue then cross then mad then blue again and I don't like her feeling pants or to b treated like poop. Her assistant has left and got a full time job elsewhere so she can't have as many children-so given notice to the person most practical, like anyone does. Parent being horrid. Just wondered how common it is and how others have dealt with it.

rickysmiths
19-06-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm afraid it is quite common. I had a child for 5 years the parents were always lovely, always bringing flowers and bottles of wine, lovely birthday and Christmas presents and for the children. The child was going to a school that I would need to drive to and a different one to the one I was already walking to which is just over the road from my house. I did explain to the parents that i would try it for a term and see how it worked. It was a nightmare and I gave notice for the end of the autumn term. I never saw the mum again, Dad was decidedly off and we have not spoken since and that was two and a half years ago and they only live down the road. The child was with me full time as well so 50 hours a week.

On the other hand a family who joined me a year after this one with an 8 mth old again 5 days a week 45 hours and then 2 years later I had baby sibling. They left unexpectedly 3 months after the one above, had been with me 4.5 years and moved 300 miles away for mums job. They came to see us last year when they were visiting friends, they have kept asking us to go and stay with them so we are at the beginning of August for 4 days. The younger one who had a severe speech delay when they left insists on speaking to me when they phone, before mum or dad can!

You can never tell. It is always a shame when it turns sour because we become so attached to the children but I think we have to try and put our business heads on in these cases, know we have done our best for the child and the family and keep notes on what comments are made by the parent and what i have done is copied the LJ so I have a complete record in case a complaint is made after the family leaves. I had two parents do this to me two years ago and because of the records I had neither complaint was up held by Ofsted. Both Complaints were money driven in the hope they would get their Notice money back. Neither family did!