PDA

View Full Version : My Tuff Spot has Arrived !!

Daisy De
19-06-2013, 03:30 PM
My Tuff Spot/Builders Tray has just been delivered.!!!

I have never had one before and I have to say I'm quite excited :jump for joy: (I so need to get out more)

Quite disappointed all the los have gone home!!

What shall we do first? :D

greanan
19-06-2013, 04:43 PM
I had mine outside with play dough in today - littles love it :-)

sarah707
19-06-2013, 04:56 PM
If you are registered on the TES site there is a huge list of ideas for Tuff Spots - or you might be able to find it online - and there's a good book you can get from Amazon or play.com.

Enjoy :D

kellyskidz!
19-06-2013, 05:19 PM
I christened mine with jelly! So messy and SO worth it lol. Have fun xx

Daisy De
19-06-2013, 05:21 PM
If you are registered on the TES site there is a huge list of ideas for Tuff Spots - or you might be able to find it online - and there's a good book you can get from Amazon or play.com.

Enjoy :D

I am registered on the TES site so I will have a look. I have to confess I bought a book as well although I knew I could get lots of ideas for free online or on here. However, I wanted the book so I bought it!:blush:

Daisy De
19-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I christened mine with jelly! So messy and SO worth it lol. Have fun xx

Excellent, I bought six packs of jelly last week in assorted colours in anticipation of the tuff spot's arrival. :clapping:

kel1983
19-06-2013, 06:35 PM
The first thing we did with ours was put compost, logs, stones and artificial grass samples. We added the dinosaurs and the kids loved it. The next week we put water in it. And then the last 2 weeks we have had sand in it. The lo's love to stand at the tray for ages playing.

cathtee
19-06-2013, 09:15 PM
used mine for the first time last week with rice krispies in, assortment of spoons and different sized tubs lo's loved it and then ate them.

Tomorrow I'm having mashed potato in it so much fun:jump for joy:

Daisy De
19-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Looking forward to using it but just trying to think where to put it when not in use, its HUGE !

Just googled imagines of tuff spot/builders tray for ideas and there was a builder actually using it to mix cement or something, how bizarre, who would have thought !!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mrsh3103
19-06-2013, 09:58 PM
This forum is going to bankrupt me!

I tried so hard to resist the urge to buy one of these. Damn you iPhone & your ability to make me shop online while I should be doing anything else.
:) :)

Daisy De
19-06-2013, 10:02 PM
This forum is going to bankrupt me!

I tried so hard to resist the urge to buy one of these. Damn you iPhone & your ability to make me shop online while I should be doing anything else.
:) :)

Ha ha, know what you mean, I have minded 20 years without one, I just can't understand how I managed it :D

Too many ideas/bargains etc, I can't resist, also bought 3 of those 360 degree ride ons from Argos couple of days ago after a post on here :clapping:

Mrsh3103
19-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Daisy De... 3 of the little beauties will be parked in my shed by the weekend! My local Argos had sold out so have to wait for new stock :(
No idea why I need 3. I have 1x 8months 1x 21months, the rest are schoolies.

Just need to figure out a way to keep hubby from going in the shed :-/

Daisy De
19-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Daisy De... 3 of the little beauties will be parked in my shed by the weekend! My local Argos had sold out so have to wait for new stock :(
No idea why I need 3. I have 1x 8months 1x 21months, the rest are schoolies.

Just need to figure out a way to keep hubby from going in the shed :-/

You always need a spare :thumbsup:

I don't have a partner so no one to hide anything from, I can buy what I like when I like and just lately it seems I am buying everything :cheerleader:

Do need someone to remind me I am supposed to be making a profit here though, my sensible side appears to be on long term sick leave :laughing:

I even get to control the tv remote!

Mrsh3103
19-06-2013, 10:27 PM
I can't wait for my tuff spot to arrive :) my 1st activity...... Water beads in shaving foam :) :) :)

vikiwizz
19-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Where do you ladies get these from I think I NEED one in my life

nikkiv
19-06-2013, 10:57 PM
I can't wait for my tuff spot to arrive :) my 1st activity...... Water beads in shaving foam :) :) :)

We did water beads today was very loved :)

Memina
19-06-2013, 11:30 PM
I have one of those big frog sand pits which is empty at the moment. Reckon I could use it as a tuff spot on the floor. Do you have stands for them or use them on floor?

Daisy De
20-06-2013, 06:21 AM

I bought some water beads at the same time as well !!

Get me away from this laptop!

Daisy De
20-06-2013, 06:25 AM
I bought mine from Amazon for £17.98 including postage, in B & Q they were £18 so not much difference but obviously Amazon one was delivered and very quickly. I did have a quick look round price wise but there maybe some cheaper of course.

At the moment I intend to use it on the floor but a stand maybe on my wish list :thumbsup:

nikkiv
20-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I have one of those big frog sand pits which is empty at the moment. Reckon I could use it as a tuff spot on the floor. Do you have stands for them or use them on floor?

I just use ours on the floor the legs are silly expensive, when ours was first delivered I was so desperate to give it a go I put the stickle bricks in it and WOW they all sat round playing with hem and there wasn't stickle bricks scattered everywhere! Water beads yesterday but off out today but plan to put some rice crispier and measuring cups in next week! :)

hulahooper
20-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Brilliant ideas. We've just done sand or water.

smurfette
20-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Now here is a question., are the stands /legs universal? So if you got one and wanted the legs later would they fit?!

vikiwizz
20-06-2013, 12:26 PM
They are on eBay for £8.50 plus post so work out 15.50 posted

Boris
20-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Now here is a question., are the stands /legs universal? So if you got one and wanted the legs later would they fit?!

My friend bought the legs from an education catalogue and got a cheap tuff spot from Wickes but it didn't fit very well. She ended up buying the tray to go with the legs which would have been cheaper to buy as a set!

I have one with legs and my dad has made me a lid for it so I can leave the messy stuff in there and cover it up to use as a dining table! It's brilliant.