PDA

View Full Version : Fears over childcare budget

Simona
19-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Fears over childcare as Osborne warns of cuts to education - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10126757/Fears-over-childcare-as-Osborne-warns-of-cuts-to-education.html)

rickysmiths
19-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Well they did set themselves up when they rolled out the free 15 hours and then the 2yr old funding. It is very expensive and parents had always managed to pay fro pre school themselves in the couple of terms before school.

Now parents are expecting all this 'free childcare' and pre schools have accepted even younger children when it is not really appropriate and even less for 2 year olds to be going into a school setting. Maybe we will get some sensible polices out of this and stop all the nonsense 'free childcare' ideas that don't really work and maybe parents will have to begin to realise that they will have to be responsible for their own children and not the state.

Koala
19-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Now parents are expecting all this 'free childcare' and pre schools have accepted even younger children when it is not really appropriate and even less for 2 year olds to be going into a school setting. Maybe we will get some sensible polices out of this and stop all the nonsense 'free childcare' ideas that don't really work and maybe parents will have to begin to realise that they will have to be responsible for their own children and not the state.

HERE!!!! HERE!!!! :clapping: :clapping: It's about time someone spoke some sense :clapping: :clapping:

jellyelly
19-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Totally agree xx

karen m
19-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Finally someone talking sense

zippy
19-06-2013, 03:45 PM
What I don't get is one is saying one thing, another another thing, roll out 2 year olds, now no money, put up two year old fees now no money for them seriously they need to get a grip and decide what they're doing, coz all they're doing right now is doing my head in, talk about bamboozled. Was that trusses plan flood the market with cheap childcare so were all scrabbling for kids then pull free nursery places so there's enough to go round. Would quite welcome it being pulled though, sick of the everyone owes me attitude, they could still do funded spaces for the most vulnerable.