PDA

View Full Version : Moaning.......

Mrsh3103
19-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Mindee is contracted to be dropped off at 9am. I walk round the corner after doing school run 8.51 (I checked my phone)
Mum of x has walked half way up the road with him. She said I'm going to be late handed me his bag, said good luck with him today and walked off.

Well he refused to walk back to the house so I had to carry him & push a double buggy!
I have now realised what she meant by good luck with him today- since 9am he hasn't stopped screaming! I have never heard anything like it :-/
He has finally gone for a nap! Fed up :(

kellyskidz!
19-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Glad it's not just me having a bad one. Maybe this story will make you feel better.
New parent shows up today for child's 2nd full day with me and my 3yo mindee who has been here almost a year (and loves it here!) decided to have a paddy and shout I don't like it here, I hate it- i want to go home! Mortified, I could see new mums face go into shocked mode and she lingered for ages, probably checking I wasn't beating them all up! Of course as soon as she left 3year old climbs onto my knee and says I love you very much, park now? Have to laugh or I'd cry! Hope new mum isn't put off xx

Glitter
19-06-2013, 10:36 AM
This happened to me yesterday.
Mindee was due to be dropped off at 11am. As I only had one mindee I decided to go in to town and do some shopping.
Walked up my drive at 10.50 to find Mum and mindee sat on my door step. She was holding her phone and said she had been there for 10 minutes already and was about to ring me to fiind out where I was. I explained I wasn't expecting her son for another 10 minutes yet.

She was angry and thought I should have been at home waiting for them to come. She told me a childminder should be available whenever the parent needed to drop off.

I only childmind for a few hours a day (and I only have her child for two hours, four days a week), but she still thinks I should stay in all day waiting for her.

As she doesn't work in the summer holidays and we don't have a contract I don't think I will be looking after her son after the holidays, it's really not worth the hassle of arguing with parents.

Sending big hugs and I hope tomorrow is better.

Koala
19-06-2013, 10:36 AM
OH the joys! :panic: :panic: :panic: they drive you nuts :clapping: :clapping: they make you happy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it's called 'sods law' it always happens at the wrong time.