PDA

View Full Version : Very bizzare situation regarding illness

JCrakers
19-06-2013, 08:20 AM
I look after a 4yr old. On Sunday she was sick twice so I excluded for Monday and Tuesday. Obviously wanted to keep the children healthy as well as myself, own children and hubbie.
So mum took her 4yr old to granny's who is also a childminder........

So I didn't jump to conclusions. I assumed maybe she didn't have any mindees those two days or maybe she stayed in bed upstairs.

So I asked her older brother (as I was interested) who was at granny's house. He said a couple of names, I asked if they were also family. He said no.

So this morning, mindee is back with me well and sick free. :) I asked her if she'd had a good couple of days at granny's to which she replied yes. Then she reeled off what they had all been doing. Playing with the toys, in the garden with 3 other little ones. So I asked if they were cousins she said no, they are not family, they are children that granny looks after.

Her brother was sick on Monday so I've excluded him for two days....so he too went to granny's to mix with the children she looks after, just hours after he was sick.

Is it just me? I find this really bizarre and as a childminder with children present she should know better.

littlemiss60561
19-06-2013, 08:24 AM
That's naughty, she should know better.

JCrakers
19-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Plus with the bad practise regarding illness I'm wondering if she even bothered to risk assess to have 4 under 5

Nicola Carlyle
19-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Plus with the bad practise regarding illness I'm wondering if she even bothered to risk assess to have 4 under 5

And also - didnt think she could have 4 under 5 unless for continuity of care so if your the children's childminder how does she get round that? Strange.

winstonian
19-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Maybe there was another adult there who assumed supervision of grandchild e.g Aunty or Grandad so she may not have gone over numbers but I agree she should not have had the ill child mixing with others

mrs robbie williams
19-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I have this with one mum who works in private school with private nursery attached, when lo is ill she books her into the nursery!!