PDA

View Full Version : DfE 2 year old case study report...please read

Simona
18-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Just published ...the trials of the 10 LAs who participated in the 2 year old scheme
Lots of information on the inclusion of cms and what LAs are doing to include them

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/206584/2YO-childcare_trialsreport.pdf

sarah707
18-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Thank you I have bookmarked it to read later :D

blue bear
18-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Thank you,reads like an advertisement for agencies.

AgentTink
18-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Completely agree with bluebear. There is nothing in there that made me think the LA is going to make anything easier for me to offer funding.

All the work with childminders just pointed at how if we got tailored support (ie agency) then we could offer the funding...now im sure there is some great childminders out there who could give amazing care without peer to peer support, and without help and support from the childrens center.

The report made it sound as if childminders are incapable of giving the funding unless we have full on support - so lets guess another plug for agencies

Did you also notice that one of the councils done a trial of offering unemployed people with school age chioldren the chance to train in childcare....so this is were the idea came from!

Everything in this is all the stuff that Truss spouts about how childminders said they needed more support, and less paperwork, and help with the business side.....so this trial had about approx 50 childminders and their feedback is what is being used to bring in agencies...what about the other 49,950 childminders.

I also noticed as with all trials, that there was funding for better provisions and funding for things like early years techers in sure starts for childminders to access, but with everything when it rolls out properly there will be none of this.

loocyloo
18-06-2013, 09:21 PM
I have just emailed my head of early years about this report as I was involved with one of the pilot schemes starting sept 2011! and my LA is not mentioned!!!

some of the children placed, were placed with childminders and yes, I had my usual monitoring visits from DO, and a couple of sessions where all the local childminders and preschools who had funded 2 yr olds met up to discuss how it was going, but I didn't have any 'mentoring'.

Smiley
19-06-2013, 01:45 PM
I have just emailed it to my LA
Why on earth is the message being given that we find things burdensome? I get so cross with these sweeping statements

loocyloo
19-06-2013, 01:49 PM
my LA were surprised to read that childminders needed so much support.