PDA

View Full Version : Voucher refunds.

LittleLegsCM
18-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Afternoon all,

I'm just after a quick bit of advice please.

Before & after schooler who's care is paid for by Childcare vouchers. Up until this month it was paper vouchers so I have one already ready to redeem at the end of the month (next week basically) ready for Julys care.
Parents have now changed to direct bank payment vouchers which is fine by me but the first payment (again for July!) has already been paid (had the remittance email yesterday)!!

So my question is, can we personally get in trouble for giving them the money back in cash?? Obviously I don't want them to lose out on the paper voucher I already have so was thinking of redeeming it and then giving it to them but not sure if ill get in trouble for doing it?

The other thing is, being term time only, I am unlikely to have her during the summer holidays but I'm assuming the voucher company will still send a payment at the end of July so ill have to refund that too! What do others do in the situation???

Thank you xx

Rick
18-06-2013, 03:03 PM
You must not refund the parent, it is technically money laundering. The parent must sort this out and return any extra vouchers to the voucher company

LittleLegsCM
18-06-2013, 03:10 PM
You must not refund the parent, it is technically money laundering. The parent must sort this out and return any extra vouchers to the voucher company

But will they be able to get a refund from the company? And also what do I do about the payment at the end of July?! I won't be owed anything so I don't want to keep hold of their money for no reason but obviously it's not normally something that can be stopped for just a month once set up as far as I'm aware.

funemnx
18-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The parents can change the amount each month by logging on to their account, it doesn't have to be the full £243 each month. :thumbsup:

Tazmin68
18-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Parent can pay any amount they wish so put through the paper voucher and gradually use the credit up. I have a child who attends school holidays only so parent starts to pay me in June towards the summer holiday fees as the 243 for August does not cover the whole of August so by paying me the full 243 for June even though I do not have child and 243 for july even though the holidays usually start the 3rd week of July there is till credit towards the larger amount due for August.

LittleLegsCM
18-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Parent can pay any amount they wish so put through the paper voucher and gradually use the credit up. I have a child who attends school holidays only so parent starts to pay me in June towards the summer holiday fees as the 243 for August does not cover the whole of August so by paying me the full 243 for June even though I do not have child and 243 for july even though the holidays usually start the 3rd week of July there is till credit towards the larger amount due for August.

They only pay me 105 each month. I don't really like the idea of keeping it and using it up as and when as it will mean I will always be in debt to them. I'm going to end up with £210 by the end of July that's not mine and not owed!

Ill have a word at collection tonight, give them back the paper voucher and see what they are able to do for July.

Rick
18-06-2013, 04:01 PM
They only pay me 105 each month. I don't really like the idea of keeping it and using it up as and when as it will mean I will always be in debt to them. I'm going to end up with £210 by the end of July that's not mine and not owed!

Ill have a word at collection tonight, give them back the paper voucher and see what they are able to do for July.

Don't forget it is for the parent to sort out payment to you. Tell them your issue and get them to sort it out.

Tazmin68
18-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't see a problem in having a credit from parent it is no different to when the la pay 80% of a 3 year old funded place at the beginning of a term

wendywu
18-06-2013, 08:37 PM
The parents have not paid any tax on that money so you cannot cash it and give it too them. Also if you cash it you will have to put it down as income and pay tax on it.

Give them the paper voucher back and then get them to stop payments on any months you do not have mindee. :D

Chatterbox Childcare
18-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I am happy to have a credit with me. The money will sit at the voucher company if it isn't used. Not your problem. Let the parent contact the company and ask them to send it back to their employers and then the tax and ni can be taken off and the balance paid

I wouldn't be surprised if the parent is paying a small amount to you to build up a credit.