PDA

View Full Version : who else puts baby outside in pram for sleep?

ziggy
18-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Having my first child 34 yrs ago, my own were always put outside in prams for sleeps. It seems to have gone out of fashion.

I took on 5month old baby recently and he has been out in pram most of today. We have all been outside alot today but i've noticed he has had lovely sleep today.

wendy latimer
18-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I put babies outside to sleep i have a veranda at the back of the house so even if it is raining as long as they are safe, you cannot beat fresh air, and it's free.

Daftbat
18-06-2013, 03:15 PM
I would do if I had the facilities especially this weather!

blue bear
18-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Mine sleep outside in prams. I tend to be out in the garden with the bigger ones so it makes more sense to me, no running up and downstairs to check and disturbing with opening doors and they sleep so much better too.

Beaka
18-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Mine do!! xx

emma04
18-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I do! Best place for them in this day and age!

Far too much nanny pamby goes on with babies these days, from what to eat when you're pregnant, what not to feed them, when to feed them, how to feed them, where they can sleep, where they can't sleep, keep them away from pets, wash their hands constantly, keep them away from mobile phones, tv's etc.........I won't go on because I'm starting to bore myself, let alone others!!

Mouse
18-06-2013, 05:20 PM
I find they sleep so much better outside, but do get parents' permission before I do it as some people can be a bit funny about it.

Given the chance, I would love to have an afternoon kip tucked up in the garden :D

kel1983
18-06-2013, 05:24 PM
ours do. The do tend to sleep much better. Even Mrs O said its good for them.

loocyloo
18-06-2013, 06:10 PM
mine all sleep outside in a buggy until they are too big! if its cold, they are snuggled up with fleeces & raincovers.

in fact several times over the last few weeks, I've had ALL LO sleeping outside! they like having their afternoon snooze in whatever den we've made!

the definitely sleep much better outside.

sarahmc
18-06-2013, 07:08 PM
I have a parent who asks me to sleep her little one outside.

SYLVIA
18-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Mine sleep outside. They def sleep better and longer too!

Optimalstar
18-06-2013, 08:13 PM
New mum came for another visit today and the first thing she asked was could she put the lo outside as she was asleep.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Mine do, rain, hail, snow and sun - whatever the weather

watgem
19-06-2013, 01:08 PM
shame round here ofsted frown n it in case foxes get in the garden and attack the baby----we do get foxes in our gardens at night, but rural foxes are more cautious and rarely seen in the day especially if you are in the garden with the baby-i wish we could all be given consistent advice from the powers that be lol

mrs robbie williams
19-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I can't my double through front door but have a porch so when it's nice I put them in buggy and bring it backwards and leave porch door open so they still get the fresh air, front gate shut so all safe :)

Mouse
19-06-2013, 01:35 PM
shame round here ofsted frown n it in case foxes get in the garden and attack the baby----we do get foxes in our gardens at night, but rural foxes are more cautious and rarely seen in the day especially if you are in the garden with the baby-i wish we could all be given consistent advice from the powers that be lol

Seriously? Ofsted have actually said that?

singingcactus
19-06-2013, 03:19 PM
When I have little ones I do. But I haven't had babies in quite while, always 2 year olds at the moment.

jellybellys
19-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Yup nothing like a bit of fresh air to get tiddlers to sleep. I also Put mine in front of the fish tank, usually sends them off after 10mins of watching

charlottenash
19-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Travel cot outside? This is a new thing for me. Trying tomorrow!

Dragonfly
19-06-2013, 04:10 PM
can use the travel cot as a play pen in the garden also, if you want to keep the babies safe with their toys whilst you are doing something with the older ones outside.and if you need to nip to the loo:blush:
I too was a nanny 33 years ago. babies always slept outside, as did my own when they were children.

vickylou
19-06-2013, 07:06 PM
My mindees always sleep outside, have always done this as when I had my dd she had really bad colic and my health visitor told me to snuggle her up and put her at the end of the garden!!! Worked a treat!! Our back garden is really noisy as right behind us we have an infant school, nursery and junior school, so there's always lots of noise! Buy they always sleep for hours and even in the middle of winter they are lovely and snugly warm!!

PixiePetal
19-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Mine do if it's not too windy - cos the buggy would blow away round here!

I have sometimes got 2 buggies in different parts of the garden - visable to me - snoozing away while I read a book!

fluff1975
19-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Wow this is great, I thought I was in the minority as most cms I know frown upon it! I put the travel cot outside too. They love it, esp my two 3 year olds who ask to sleep outside :)

19-06-2013, 08:39 PM
One of my baby mindees always fights having a nap even when its obvious she desperately needs one! I would worry about her screaming the garden down before settling :(