PDA

View Full Version : Nappy bins

Nicola Carlyle
18-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Does anyone use one and do they smell? x

MessybutHappy
18-06-2013, 01:48 PM
I had one of the tommy tippee ones years ago, where its supposedly wrapped up the nappies so they didn't stink.
I thought it was rubbish!

Hubby and I fought over who's turn it was to empty the silly thing.

I now use a lidded bucket outside the back door.

Cheaper, no less smelly and I'm saving the planet by not using the plastic bags.

clareelizabeth1
18-06-2013, 01:55 PM
No they work to start with then they changed the bags they make. They are thinner than they used to be and now let smell through.

After time the smell clings to the plastic and even after nappies are gone the smell isn't.

little chickee
18-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I've never used one because i don't like the idea of nappies sitting in it for days.
I just use normal nappy bags and put them straight in the wheelie bin.
I have an large woodburner out in my garage for my hot water - if its on or due to go on they go in there!

greanan
18-06-2013, 04:09 PM
I've always used one and wouldn't be without it

Daftbat
18-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I have found Sainsburys little ones nappy sacks are brilliant. Double bag a smelly nappy and it can go in the bin till the end of the day and be emptied with all the other rubbish and no big smells in the house. Fantastic!!!

watgem
19-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I have a tomme tippee one which I had for my kids and its brill, but the winding mechanisim has gone on it now so I just use it like a normal bin and double bag the nappies in it inside the wrapping cartridge-perhaps thats why it doesn't smell lol:laughing: