PDA

View Full Version : How can i improve my parent relationship

Topkad84
17-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Help,

I have this parent that I have had problems with before but she never tells me to my face it always a snotty text message or I hear through other people that she is not happy about something.
When she picks her daughter up it a case of she she gets her daughter and goes and I'm going she had this for lunch and we done this today. And she just goes ok and gets in the car not even a goodbye. When dad picks her up its completely different he ask about her day and makes her say thank you and good bye.
I'm thinking about asking the mum to come in and have a chat one cause I need to sort some holiday dates out then two ask her if she is happy with her daughters care and progress.

I have 5 family's on my books and she is the only one I have problems with.

sing-low
17-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Maybe she finds confrontation difficult so tries not to do it face to face. Might it be helpful to try and meet with both Mum and Dad together if he's more approachable?

mrs robbie williams
17-06-2013, 12:43 PM
how about doing a parent feedback form? xx

chriss
17-06-2013, 02:00 PM
maybe she is not a people person... a little on the anti social side...or very shy..and just wants to get in and out of your house. Just a thought. Prob a good idea to get her and dad in at same time, might be less stressful x

kel1983
17-06-2013, 04:47 PM
We had a child who left us at the end of last year for nursery His mum would be either in a good chatty mood or complete opposite. I found her such hard work and was always worried about confronting her as was worried about her reaction. I was so glad when they left us. And I know its not nice to say this but I don't miss the lo either.

If you feel happy to arrange a meeting with both parents go for it as you are a big part of their childs life and they sense when things are not right. I would never have had the courage to do it as I'm a whimp :blush:

We now have 13 families on our books. They are all lovely.

Topkad84
24-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Thank you all,

I invited mum in as had an afternoon where I only had her child and I asked about dates through the holidays. I then showed her the learning journal and said she can take it home and fill in the feedback bits. And ask if she was ok with her daughters care and if she felt I was reaching all her needs. She said yes yes I'm really happy.
I then got a text later saying she looked through the learning journal and was really happy everything I was doing and if she had any concerns she would tell me and she doesn't want me thinking there are.

I feel it's all a bit false but nether the less at least she is happy with her child's care. I suppose she might just not like me.

kellyskidz!
24-06-2013, 10:31 AM
how about doing a parent feedback form? xx

I like this idea as it might be hard for her to speak to you face to face and voice any issues she might have (hence the text messages- very immature but that's typical!)
I'd do it in the form of a questionnaire and if any issues do crop up, invite her for a chat and go from there. Good luck xx