PDA

View Full Version : Question about variation letter - advice pls!!

melanieabigail2004
07-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Assuming I ever get husband's crb through (!!!) I am down to mind a little boy from September 2 days a week for 10 hrs a day - he will be 19 months.

I have a 4 year old and by then my other little girl will be 5 weeks older than the boy.

No issues yet but mum wants me to have her new baby from Feb next year - she will be 8 months old by then. My oldest will be a preschool for the 2 whole days (9-3.30).

I will be registered for 3 under 5 and 3 over 5s. While my daughter is at preschool I am within my numbers but for 2.5 hours a day there will be an overlap.

What is the likelihood of them giving me a variation? I thought the best plan was to go down the continuity of care route and also show how I will cope i.e triple buggy (well it won't be I have an easylife sport with a toddler seat but don't want to confuse the sitution) etc.

I am keen to know what the chances are as it might affect me having the little boy?

Ta muchly - any advice would be much appreciated!:)

Mel

Pudding Girl
07-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Just wanted to point out that your own children count in your numbers regardless of if they are at nursery or not, as you are still responsible if they are off ill, inset, hols etc

sarah707
07-07-2008, 12:38 PM
As george says, you will only be registered for 2 under 3 if your daughter is in that age bracket as well.

If you take the child, so you are effectively looking after 3 under 5, you will be over numbers both when your dd is at nursery and when she is home.

You need a rethink I'm afraid, sorry!

ruby
07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
yes i have to agree you will be over your numbers

also it won't only be for 2.5 hours as in the school holidays you will have your daughter as well so you will have 4 under 5 all day

cathy