PDA

View Full Version : medication for high blood pressure

pinklady756
16-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm registering my husband as a back-up assistant (take on an apprentice over the summer but need cover if she is ill) - my question is.... will being on daily medication for high blood pressure be a problem from Ofsted's point of view? will it mean he needs a medical?

I was hoping that because he's already had the crb when I registered it would be quick and straightforward to add him as my assistant.

shortstuff
16-06-2013, 07:18 PM
I registered my hubby as an assistant and it was very quick. When i queried it they said they do the same check on oh's they do for assistants so all should be good.

If in doubt call them and ask x

sarah707
16-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Medical checks are very likely if he is on long term medication. Ofsted will request them when you disclose history.

Hopefully they won't hold you up too much x

WibbleWobble
16-06-2013, 09:10 PM
I know this is a slightly different situation but a year into minding I developed severe high blood pressure and ended up on seven different tablets. I contacted ofsted and they asked me to send a letter identifying which meds I was on, the dose, frequency and what they were for. They sent me a letter back saying thanks for that, it's now on your file.

No doctors

Wibble the old crock x

pinklady756
18-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks for all the replies ladies, have sent off the EY2 so just waiting to hear from Ofsted now.

cathtee
18-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Didn't know we had to tell ofsted about medication when given jt, I'm on blood pressure tabs and not notified them oops. Do I have to do it for all prescription meds?

WibbleWobble
18-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Didn't know we had to tell ofsted about medication when given jt, I'm on blood pressure tabs and not notified them oops. Do I have to do it for all prescription meds?

I would do. I have informed them again when Gp added another tablet recently

Wibble x