PDA

View Full Version : Childminding

Emmalou77
15-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Do you know even with all the ups and downs that childminding can bring, i have to say i love it more and more
as i learn along the way! Im sure there's many of you out there that feel the same. :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
15-06-2013, 08:57 PM
It is good isn't it!! Even with the lowest lows, it's still great!:clapping:

Rick
15-06-2013, 09:30 PM
What a lovely thread. Yes I love my job.....sometimes you don't feel 100% with it but you forget all that when you get lovely comments from parents and children :)

shortstuff
15-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I would have to agree, i started working in 1988 and this is the best job ive ever had x the lows can be low but the highs are out of this world x

wendy latimer
16-06-2013, 12:14 AM
I have to agree,i have been doing this job for 16 years now and i don't think i could ever go back to a 9 to 5 job.The hours are long but we all get use to them, the paper work is oh gosh do i have to,but we do it,and we get to play,maybe not as much as we would like to thank's to lovely ofsted, but we still have fun. we all have our bad days just like any job and maybe we turn to the jobcentre website or our local paper for jobs,but then after viewing them it makes you realise that the bad day you just have had is not that bad at all.

Samijanec
16-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm new to childminding but I've always loved kids and worked with them for many years. I totally love my job and can't ever see me doing anything else. :)

Rick
16-06-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm new to childminding but I've always loved kids and worked with them for many years. I totally love my job and can't ever see me doing anything else. :)

I love your inspection grade status :laughing:

Samijanec
16-06-2013, 07:53 AM
I love your inspection grade status :laughing:

Haha, I don't have the official report yet, just the one the care inspectorates eforms, the draft one.
We are graded unsatisfactory, satisfactory, good, very good and excellent.
This was my first inspection and I was graded very good, the inspector said that to get an excellent you need to show continued excellence and as it was my first inspection then that's not possible. I think the official report is graded as 1,2,3,4,5,6
I'm not sure what 1 is, but very good is 5. I'm very chuffed...

The Juggler
16-06-2013, 09:38 PM
i am about to leave and do something different but just wanted to say that I've loved my nearly 9 years of minding. There have been lots of ups, a few downs, but I've been at home with my kids whilst they were little earned good money (mostly) and had a blast!

It's a fab way to earn a living :clapping::clapping:

chriss
16-06-2013, 09:44 PM
i am about to leave and do something different but just wanted to say that I've loved my nearly 9 years of minding. There have been lots of ups, a few downs, but I've been at home with my kids whilst they were little earned good money (mostly) and had a blast!

just spotted over 11000 posts...is that possible ???:clapping:

Samijanec
17-06-2013, 07:46 AM

Wow that's awesome, I hope you enjoy the next phase of you like. Xx

jackie 7
17-06-2013, 07:57 AM
We are going to miss you. Good luck with your new work.

chriss
17-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Sorry to gatecrash, but how do I post a new thread ?? Just realised I have either forgotton or dont even know :blush: