PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth making her an assistant?

Kiddleywinks
15-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I have a friend who runs a preschool coming to visit for a couple of weeks during the summer holidays.
She is already CRB'd and holds a valid first aid certificate.

I'm aware that she isn't allowed to be left alone with the children so was wondering as I'm still working whilst she is here, would it be worth making her my assistant so we can go a bit further afield?
As it stands, should I need to attend to the others toileting needs I'd need to take them all with me, if she was my assistant, I could leave the others with her for a short period couldn't I?

Am I also correct in thinking that she would need to be CRB'd again if we were to do the assistant thing?

funemnx
15-06-2013, 02:52 PM
It would be worth doing as she might visit again & everything would be in place from this time. I think she will need another CRB (whatever it's called now) as they do one for each setting I think...

Tealady
15-06-2013, 03:01 PM
If her Pre-school DBS check was done via Ofsted and it is less than three years old it will be valid for your setting. You will need to fill out the paperwork as if she hasn't got one but they will hen write confirming that they are happy for you to use her so you won't have to wait.

That's what happened to me when I needed an enhanced check for our Pre-school. Because my CM check was less than three years it covered me for Pre-school. But you must have it in writing from them.

bindy
15-06-2013, 03:49 PM
You need one done by Ofsted, you would be able to leave her alone for up to 2 hours with permission from the parents.

Good idea

Kiddleywinks
15-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Good idea

Yeah I thought so - make her work for her keep ;):laughing:

Any idea how long it would take? She's not coming for another 6 weeks or so and her DBS (not crb anymore is it :rolleyes:) is about 2 years old

bindy
15-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I think , if you fill in your EY2 send to Ofsted, she can start straight away but she can not be left alone with the children before the check comes back.

Chatterbox Childcare
15-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Do it quick!

As of Thursday you have to pay for your own CRB's for assistants, unless it is already in the system

Kiddleywinks
16-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks Debbie, will do :thumbsup: