PDA

View Full Version : 7 seater

serin
14-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Due to demands in September I need to buy a 7 seater car. Which one would you recommend? I will have to store a collapsed double buggy in there too and I know they tend to lack space.

Tazmin68
14-06-2013, 04:28 PM
I have an 07 plate zafira. I know some do not like them as you move the whole middle seat forward to get children in the back. Yes there is not a lot of space in boot when all seats are up but I can fit my obaby twin buggy in the back and in the past I have put two mothercare jives and use buggy clips to convert to double buggy and have even more space then as they fold really well. I put the big car seats right at the very back as easier that putting in the middle row and have booster seats I the middle row.

funemnx
14-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I've got a Citreon C8 - loads boot space and easy to get children in and out because it has sliding doors (mine is 8 seater but they come in 7 seaters too) :thumbsup:

supermumy
14-06-2013, 05:22 PM
I've got 07 zafira an does the job nicely :) my double mini city jogger fits in back and instead of moving sits back as forward older ones go in an out of boot

Stapleton83
14-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I love my 7 seater s-max and can still get my phil n teds in too, only drawback is getting the ones in the back two seats can be difficult but ok if they are older.

Sam x

blue bear
14-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I have a v w sharan love it so much it's my second one. All seats are separate and can be taken out to make more space for buggies, moving furniture etc. two of the seats have an inbuilt booster at then turns into a baby seat with five point harness so saves on buying and storing car seats. I get my double nipper in the boot.
The only thing I would change if I could would be to have sliding doors as people carriers are so wide car park spaces are tight and getting children In and holding the doors so the don't bang the car next to us is tricky.

Daisy De
14-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I have a very old, almost as old as me :laughing: Toyota Previa.

Its old, slightly battered, not good on petrol but just goes on and on. It has 8 seats, loads of space, easy to drive and as it has so many windows is easy to park.

The newer Previa are great but we all love Trev the Prev :clapping:

samb
14-06-2013, 08:11 PM
I also have a vw sharan and agree that he only thing I would change is having a sliding door to make getting kids in and out easier if the spaces are tight. I have a hauck duett buggy which is quite a beast! I put the frame and 2nd seat behind 1 chair and use a stretchy cord round the chair to hold it in place so it doesn't fall out and the top seat goes behind other chair. I have 1 seat back and 1 forward. Each seat is a full size seat and so you can put child seats wherever and they fit- fab! I usually have a toddler seat in back with least leg space with another toddler seat next to it with more leg space (pushed back) for slightly bigger kids then a toddler seat in middle seat and high back boosters in the other 3 seats - when I have 6 kids my dd who is 7 sits in the front. If I need a baby seat I put it on one of the sides in middle row. 2 of my toddler seats are the 9month to 12yrs type so I can just whip the harnesses off if I have older kids that day. Te front seats have slight dips underneath which are perfect to fit the harnesses and reins. Love my "bus"

pipandbaz
14-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I have a Peugeot 307sw its 7 seats cheap to insure,tax and is in low bracket for tax purposes. It's diesel so great mileage to gallon. Carseats fit easily too.

mrs_scottydog
14-06-2013, 09:09 PM
We've just bought a 7 seater. We went for a Zafira in the end, mainly because we didn't want a car that was a lot bigger than our previous car. Not had to have all the seats up yet but had one of the back seats up for a while and my maclaren still fitted in the back. As a previous post said I'm thinking of putting the bigger seats in the back when needed. Hx

Helen Dempster
14-06-2013, 10:32 PM
I've got a Galaxy and it's great. However, as you say, it's lacking in boot space, but I can fit a double buggy in easily. Love my Galaxy :)

mum2two
15-06-2013, 06:18 AM
We have a Chrysler grand voyager. Bought an extra bench seat and its now an 8 seater.

It has 3 baby seats across the very back, and we fit 2 doubles (an out & about nipper & a city mini double) AND a single stroller in the boot! :-)

Wouldn't have any other 7 seater for minding. We have a 7 seater jeep which is 'our car' and we can just about get the single stroller in the boot... :-/

Xx

MessybutHappy
15-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Citroen C4 here, with one boot seat down.I can fit in the chunky double, with both up I'd have room for an umbrella double. Ok to insure, I think the tax is high, but I like it. I find it easy to drive and park. I'm not a fan if sliding doors, as a driver I have seen children step out of them with no warning, at least you see a normal door opening!

adedwards68
15-06-2013, 07:52 AM
We have a Chrysler grand voyager. Bought an extra bench seat and its now an 8 seater.

It has 3 baby seats across the very back, and we fit 2 doubles (an out & about nipper & a city mini double) AND a single stroller in the boot! :-)

Wouldn't have any other 7 seater for minding. We have a 7 seater jeep which is 'our car' and we can just about get the single stroller in the boot... :-/

Xx

I too also used a Chrysler and now looking for another one. I've had a few different 7 sweaters in the past and this is my favourite by far. Plenty of room in the back and if you have a stow n go model it's really easy to fold the seats down

JulieA
15-06-2013, 08:09 AM
I have an Espace and store a double buggy and a single buggy and a bag of blankets and waterproofs and wellies in the boot.

sarahmc
15-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I have an Espace and store a double buggy and a single buggy and a bag of blankets and waterproofs and wellies in the boot.

I have an Espace with triple, double and single pushchairs in the boot, and blankets and 2 booster seats. Boot space is brilliant

lauraring1
15-06-2013, 06:22 PM

Xx

I also have a Chrysler Grand Voyager, be interested to no how you make it an 8 seater x