PDA

View Full Version : Arrrhhh.... In a bad mood now

step11
14-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Some parents can be so selfish and rude when they don't get their own way.!

Went gp on Wednesday they sent me for blood tests on Thursday morning so I call parent and tell them Thursday morning I will need to go up to the hospital to do bloods. Parent says no I'm away to Paris for the day and dad is busy at work an you change it. I say yes I can will do it on Friday morning (today) A can come at 1 for half session. Everything was fine up till now!

Get a call from mum oh A is still asleep so don't think I will make it for one. Then she goes on to say I took the day off work to do things. Can you extend the time to 6:30-7 I was like no my son goes to bed at 7 she then got really rude and started saying oh iv been accommodating to you going to get bloods this morning bla bla bla. Just thought you could be accommodating to me. I was like I'm sorry but I can't work that late. Then she says well I have plans ( her mum is here from brazil ) that's who she went to Paris with so I assume that's what she planned to do this afternoon. I asked her so what time do you think you will bring A in she was like I don't know maybe I won't. I was like well I need to know. She was like ok bye. She was so rude And sounded peed off at me because I couldn't do what she wanted.

I'm sorry iv been really accommodating, grandma was meant to go this month but they have asked to extend the time till August ( he usually does 5 days has gone down to 4) I'm loosing out on money. Then they want to change the day he is off from a Wednesday to a Thursday not convient but iv agreed.

This has just really annoyed me!! I'm on the verge of giving up! I'm fed up this family! It's never ending with them.

Mums just text me saying A is still sleeping and I won't bring him as it will be too late!

Im now giving notice at the end of the month. I'm at breaking point, bending over backwards for them. The amount off times Iv taken the child with me to my gp appointment so I don't inconvenience them.

That's it for me I'm happy with just having one school run!

Feel better for getting that out

ajc
14-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Feel for you, its hard enough doing this without having to deal with such rudeness. Think I would give notice too.

Bluebell
14-06-2013, 12:26 PM
she obviously thinks you are her personal nanny come babysitter!! Shocking how rude some people can be!
Think you are right to give notice - good luckx

step11
14-06-2013, 12:26 PM
It's like people forget we have a life to. When they need time off work they take it. So why is it any different for me!

Iv had this family since January. I don't have this problem with my school run.

They can go find another childminder! Good luck to them

Koala
14-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I think if this is the type of attitude from the parent, it is obviously stressing you out and if you are unwell, I would be inclined to give notice and go on sick!!

Life is too short and it's not worth the fight, your health is more important, they will find another childcarer - offer them a list of childminder acquaintances to help them out.

Don't let it get you down :thumbsup:

step11
14-06-2013, 12:38 PM
I think if this is the type of attitude from the parent, it is obviously stressing you out and if you are unwell, I would be inclined to give notice and go on sick!!

Life is too short and it's not worth the fight, your health is more important, they will find another childcarer - offer them a list of childminder acquaintances to help them out.

Don't let it get you down :thumbsup:

It's so hard not to let it get you down. At the moment my health in my priority. Some times I think they expect me to tell them my personal business.

Errhhhh!!! So annoyed

jackie 7
14-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Have you noticed that the more you do for some people the more they expect. they are not worth the agro, find a nicer family.

step11
14-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Have you noticed that the more you do for some people the more they expect. they are not worth the agro, find a nicer family.

So true! You bend over backwards for them and they throw it in your face.

LittleRhino
14-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Found it steps lol. I can't believe it some parents can be a right pain. Like everyone else has said you should be able to have time to if you need it we are all only human for goodness sake. I think I would give notice too and concider what someone else says about going on sick x

step11
14-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Found it steps lol. I can't believe it some parents can be a right pain. Like everyone else has said you should be able to have time to if you need it we are all only human for goodness sake. I think I would give notice too and concider what someone else says about going on sick x

Don't need to go one sick. Sure you all will find out soon hehe

hectors house
14-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Parents forget that they are entitled to time off for dentist and doctor/hospital appointments and paid time off for maternity appointments - they don't take their job with them when they go, so why should you have to take their children - imagine if a Nursery teacher had to do this!

When you give notice make sure they know you are doing it because they are so unreasonable rather than you are feeling unwell at the moment. Make sure they know who is to blame.

LittleRhino
14-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Don't need to go one sick. Sure you all will find out soon hehe

Ooooo this sounds exciting lol x