PDA

View Full Version : Thats just tipped me over the edge!

step11
13-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Too many vegetables!! Are you serious! Since when are 5 veg in a meal to many veg!

Dad comes in and first thing he says is oh the other day when you sent tea home A was very gassy after and bloated, I think it was the broccoli, could you not put too many vegetables please.

These are the parents who say he needs at least 3 veg in each meal. They are really fussy with his food! Sometimes he doesn't even eat, I waste to much time and food.

That was the last straw for me. I make so much effort to cook for this kid and for him to complain, I give up! They can bring their own lunch and tea now! Im always putting ourselves out for these people. Things like these make me want to pack it all in.

Really am fed up.

wendywu
13-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Thats ok he will be just like his dad then, full of hot air :laughing::laughing::clapping:

mazza58
13-06-2013, 05:25 PM
poor you don't give up, this is one of the reasons that I do not offer children cooked meals. It is a lot easier if they bring a packed lunch etc, why does child not go home and eat with their parents is it too late. Keep your chin up and keep smiling don't let them get you down

WibbleWobble
13-06-2013, 05:30 PM
i was once told my home cooked beautiful food caused a little one to have smelly poos!!!

wibble the stinkyfood provider x

step11
13-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Haha that's funny.

He's with me 8-6 sometimes 6:30. They have tea at 5 but will not tell dad that he will have to provide his meals. I'm fed up from the start they have had an issue with food didnt like my menu not enough red meat bla bla bla. I have my own child and I like him to eat lots of veg!

Honestly I was feeling bad about saying to them to bring own food but today he's made my mind up! Couldn't be easier.

They won't be happy either as I'm cutting my days down to 3 from September.

Oh well! They can go find someone else if they are not happy!

step11
13-06-2013, 05:32 PM
i was once told my home cooked beautiful food caused a little one to have smelly poos!!!

wibble the stinkyfood provider x

I really don't know where these parents get it from. If that's the case the. Whatever they give him over the weekend is smelly and gives him gas! They don't see me complaining when their child pops everywhere and smells like the gutters hahaha. Maybe I should start complaining!

step11
13-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Is there anything I can give to the parents about 5 a day? Please can anyone advice me on how I can put it in writing that I will no longer provide meals.
Thanks

Tatjana
13-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Is there anything I can give to the parents about 5 a day? Please can anyone advice me on how I can put it in writing that I will no longer provide meals.
Thanks

You should be able to google something...as far as I'm aware veg should be half the plate, protein a quarter and the last quarter carbs.

step11
13-06-2013, 07:09 PM
You should be able to google something...as far as I'm aware veg should be half the plate, protein a quarter and the last quarter carbs.

Yh I have got a few bits. Thanks

VeggieSausage
13-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I will pass on the trophy for 'the most disgusting meal ever given' if you like...only had it a week but it was awarded for daring to give a child a healthy meal with vegetables :laughing:

Daisy1956
13-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Not a healthy meal with veg, how could you. i bet the poor child was traumatised. Isn't it funny how we never complain about bad wind and smelly nappies when the children come back on Monday.

Supernanny86
13-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Some parents need a slap, I always make sure they have plenty of veg. I put number of portions down and the mum likes it!! :)

There's just no pleasing some people!! :)

I cook disgusting healthy meals too, aren't we awful!! :D

WibbleWobble
13-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Not a healthy meal with veg, how could you. i bet the poor child was traumatised. Isn't it funny how we never complain about bad wind and smelly nappies when the children come back on Monday.

the mum who complained to me fed her LO macdonalds and tinned :censored:. On mondays her poos (kids...not mums) were awful, hard and very greasy. By the end of the week they were nice and soft and normal

it was like a poo roundabout........a roundapoo if you like!

wibble the scatologist x

Supernanny86
13-06-2013, 07:45 PM
the mum who complained to me fed her LO macdonalds and tinned :censored:. On mondays her poos (kids...not mums) were awful, hard and very greasy. By the end of the week they were nice and soft and normal

it was like a poo roundabout........a roundapoo if you like!

wibble the scatologist x

Wibble you do make me laugh!! I look forward to your comments!! :D

step11
13-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I will pass on the trophy for 'the most disgusting meal ever given' if you like...only had it a week but it was awarded for daring to give a child a healthy meal with vegetables :laughing:

Haha thanks will show it off!

step11
13-06-2013, 08:59 PM
You lot have made me laugh. I'm in stitches made my day. So glad I'm not the only one.

Stapleton83
13-06-2013, 09:03 PM
One of my LOs mums told me he was far more regular after the days he had with me as I gave him so much fruit and veg!

Clearly doesn't have that much at home then???:laughing:

step11
13-06-2013, 09:06 PM
One of my LOs mums told me he was far more regular after the days he had with me as I gave him so much fruit and veg!

Clearly doesn't have that much at home then???:laughing:

I really don't get it! Seriously what is it with them. We do our best but its not always appreciated. The odd few day thank you! Not my lot

Stapleton83
13-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I started off feeling slightly offended but thought to myself well at least I know I am feeding the right kind of food whilst he is in my care.

Besides my DD2 loves her veggies I think it is a great way to be, it's just a shame sometimes you feel like you have done the wrong thing.

Chin up.

Sam x